b18 b question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ammoar15

i am buying a 98 ls engine 4 400 that had broken valve seals the guy said he paid 450 to get them fixed is that about the price u pay for this kind of work . should i just pay the extra 350 for one from jdm engine place. just help me wit some opinion also he said he replace t/b,piston rings, new crank,rod bearin,

Your post makes my eyes bleed. Next time please take some time to correct your spelling and grammatical errors. It makes it easier to understand and answer questions.

Anyway, that sounds about right for some work to me. Shops shaft everyone, so sure, why not. Even though you could get a whole new head for that price, easily.

Used head, maybe. I would just spend the extra cash and buy it online since your getting a startup guarantee. Buying it off the street is a good way to get shafted.

^ Well thats what I'm saying. He only needs new valve seals. So maybe he could pick up a head -the cams,valves, springs, etc. for cheap and then take the stuff from his head and swap it over and keep the good seals in there.

Back