B18? B16? Gsr? K Series? Help Me Decide!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOLEY0824

I RECENTLT BOUGHT A 90 CRX SI. IT CAME WITH A STOCK '92 ITEGRA LS. I AM LOOKING FOR ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO WITH MY NEW BABY. AT FIRST I WAS LOOKING INTO MAKING HER AWD, BUT I HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD BY TOO MANY PEOPLE THAT IT WOULD COST WAY TO MUCH MONEY. SO NOW I AM STUCK WITH THE DELEMA OF WHAT TO DO NOW. THIS IS MY FIRST HONDA, BUT I AM WELL AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITIES THAT COME WITH THEM. BUT FIRST, SHOULD I GO K SERIES, DOWN GRADE TO A B16, UPGRADE TO A B18C1 (GSR I THINK), OR STICK WITH MY B18 AND PUT MY MONEY INTO THAT? BASICLY, I WANT THE MOST "BANG FOR MY BUCK," FOR LACK OF BETTER WORDS. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SPEND MORE THAT 10-15K, I KNOW THAT SOUND LIKE A LOT, BUT THAT IS INCLUDEING BODY WORK AND PAINT. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

PS......I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW TRANNY OPTIONS AND TURBO PREFFERENCE, OR IF IT WOULD BE BETTER TO STAY NA. THANKS.

Last edited:
the k series is a beast, the k20a has been known to take 30 psi on a bone stock motor. and in stock trim in a crx with catconverters stock airbox and all it will stroll a ws6 trans am

if it came with a b18b i say use that....i know you say i want to throw 15k at it but you already have a awsome building block....K serise is out of my leauge, and i cant give you any info on them cause i dont bother learning....

pull you ls motor.....fully build the botom end, do some valve work....turbo....t3/t4...60trim....60ar.on both sides...a good ramhorn manifold..and boost 20psi...youll be at 350 to 400 hp in a light ass crx....and youll have spent less then 4k.. and that would be bad ass....

but if money is not an issue..then learn about the almight K and build that for boost...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back