1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18/b16 question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b18hatchman, Dec 30, 2009.

1. b18hatchman

b18hatchman New Member

I have a 89 hatch with the b18a1 swap, just had a quick question i got a chance to get a b16a (jdm) off a buddy of mine (he totaled his crx) i was just wonderin what all is involved in putting the b16 head on my b18 and would it even be worth doin?

2. bluejcivic

bluejcivic New Member

it would definitely be worth doing, why wouldnt you want to pick up and extra 30 hp? you probably should rebuild your b18 first, new bearings and rings at least. and get some arp rod bolts so you can rev that bitch lol.

3. b18hatchman

b18hatchman New Member

well its already got eagle rods wiseco pistons and arp head studs so I should be good to go on that part lol

4. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

ar prod bolts and youve got a nice setup
    you need the lsvtec conversion kit(headgasket,dowels,oil sandwich plate,oil line,and something else) then you need the vtec ecu and to wire vtec..

5. b18hatchman

b18hatchman New Member

thanks for the info im gonna try to atempt it in a few weeks when i get some spare time lol

6. All Go No Show

All Go No Show New Member

I'm sorry, Imma newbie when it comes to ls/v, but I'm learning quick....

I have a 95 B18a block, 99 B16 head, arp head studs, arp rod bolts, p73 pistons, ls/vtec "stepped" dowels (so i dont have to machine the head), chipped p28 ecu (9000 rev limit, 5500 vtec), vtec soleniod, AEM cam gears, gsr cams, oil line and an fittings, pretty much everything I need to install it...or so I thought...

After reading this thread, can someone please explain to me what an oil sandwhich plate is ? I appreciate the insight, I'm trying to build a realiable ls/v daily driver

7. RickParker

RickParker New Member

8. DA16killer

DA16killer New Member

i would deff do it. youll have alot more fun with the 16 head. i have a JDM B16A in my 90 DA n i would never look back. its alot of fun and you would have a great set up for boost. either turbo or sc would be good. i wouldnt pass it up/

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted