b18/b16 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18hatchman

I have a 89 hatch with the b18a1 swap, just had a quick question i got a chance to get a b16a (jdm) off a buddy of mine (he totaled his crx) i was just wonderin what all is involved in putting the b16 head on my b18 and would it even be worth doin?

it would definitely be worth doing, why wouldnt you want to pick up and extra 30 hp? you probably should rebuild your b18 first, new bearings and rings at least. and get some arp rod bolts so you can rev that bitch lol.

ar prod bolts and youve got a nice setup
you need the lsvtec conversion kit(headgasket,dowels,oil sandwich plate,oil line,and something else) then you need the vtec ecu and to wire vtec..

I'm sorry, Imma newbie when it comes to ls/v, but I'm learning quick....

I have a 95 B18a block, 99 B16 head, arp head studs, arp rod bolts, p73 pistons, ls/vtec "stepped" dowels (so i dont have to machine the head), chipped p28 ecu (9000 rev limit, 5500 vtec), vtec soleniod, AEM cam gears, gsr cams, oil line and an fittings, pretty much everything I need to install it...or so I thought...

After reading this thread, can someone please explain to me what an oil sandwhich plate is ? I appreciate the insight, I'm trying to build a realiable ls/v daily driver

i would deff do it. youll have alot more fun with the 16 head. i have a JDM B16A in my 90 DA n i would never look back. its alot of fun and you would have a great set up for boost. either turbo or sc would be good. i wouldnt pass it up/

Back