B18 Civic Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrLewis84

Help........I have a b18a1 ls motor that i need to put in my ek9 hatch.....can i use my stock civic fuel injectors???(civic and integra injectors are 250 cc) The ones in the motor now are obd1 and i have no cash...i also need to know if i can use my stock obd2 civic distributor by changing the housing......i have no extra cash to spend on these parts and i need to know if the motor will run safley with this setup..........a little input from anyone please....

Ps. I need my car on the road asap. my dx motor is done

Your probably better off selling the motor and saving for something else that's OBD 2. Saves you the wiring issues and the headache. But that's just my 2 cents.

go away nopspawn if you don't know the answer to his question.

MrLewis84- yes you can use your stock injectors, but i don't know about modifying your dist. housing.

the only way to know is to try and see. but i don't think it will physically fit on the head so just save some more money whuile you are waiting to install the motor. trying to rush it will cost you more in the long run anyways.

the D series dist doesnt really work on a B series
also you need a hydro tranny not the cable one that the B18A has

dude he is right, u are going to spend alot more time and money than the engine is worth trying to turn a obd0 into an obd2. sell it, go out find a cheap integra, and take out the b18b, and use that. alot better idea than waisting ur money.

I'm gonna go with the not worth the trouble people on this one. Along with the aforementioned problems, it isn't going to be legal in most states. But if you do decide to use it, do any experinmenting with parts fitment BEFORE you pull your old motor.

MrLewis84 said he has no extra cash to spend, so here is my input....

Get a OBD2 motor

Reason:
1. OBD2 motors have a crank angle sensor, OBD1 does not, so you have to do one of two things... jumper the ecu harness to OBD1 and run a OBD1 ecu or change the B18a oil pump to a B18b one to accomadate a crank angle sensor.

2. You need a OBD2 distributor

3. You need a OBD2 ex harness or modify your stock one (headache)

Note: The B18a motor will work, but if $$$ is a issue

Go with a OBD2 motor for less headache..

Back