B18 Crx Axle Prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxfreak

I put a 90 b18a into my crx. I have been hearing a knocking noise like and axle but they were new so i looked all over to see if it was something else...turns out my driverside axle had spun all the cv grease out but get this....the boot wasnt torn or cracked and it didnt slide off. somehoe all the grease did tho <_< i have my other one here ready to put in but i dont wanna put it in yet if im gonna run into it again. I took off the spacer from the hub and the dust seat that comes on the end of the axle so i did it all right. Has anyone else had any problem like this or just even with the axles?

you either have your axles switched(left and right), they are identical but one has a diff. inner cv joint, or they are not seated all the way, dont be fooled by just pulling on them to see if they are in there, they are tricky little bastards, you should hear a click when they are in, at least they did on my B18A

ohwell i just got another one and it hasnt went out it seems to be fine...i think it seeped out because it took like 3 days from a soft knock to a louder one but its fixed now...i do have another prob i will make another post tho....

Back