B18 Del Sol Swap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sportrider01

Hi guys I am new to this. I see around that a b18 sould "bolt in" to a del sol. I have a 97 del sol si d16y8 (slow) will all b18s fit? Do i have to look for obd 1 or obd2? Will the motor mounts in car support new motor? any other info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thats an teg motor right?
Where is a good source for those motors?
will I have to do an wiring or will it just "plug in"

1. Yes
2. Hmotorsonline.com
3. If you get the USDM harness, you won't have to cut/add wires because of the RHD issue.

I need the gsr harness right? With an usdm harness will I also need to replace the ecu or will that harness plug into my ecu

You will want a new ecu when you put a new motor in. Just buy the complete changeover, it will make things much easier.

found b18c complete change over, Would i still be using my existing gear box, if so how would that work with an hydro tranny I belive i have a cable now? were could i find more info on swaping,this would be my first swap, what kinda things am i going to have to change? what will be removed and what will stay?
thanks again everyone

all del sols have hydro trannys

go to hmotorsonline.com for the swap... call them up and talk to steve... make sure you tell them its going in a del sol ... i got the del sol VTEC linkage with my swap at no extra charge :)

its not cheaper

it will cost a fuck load to actually get it in the car (mounts, harness, converting to a cablle shift linkage, axles, etc)

it will also hurt your cars handling ability

if you are mostly concerned with straight line performance... then go for it

if you enjoy hard cornering... fuck an H series swap

even if you are interested more in straight line id go with a boosted B series before i did an H

now you have to decide how much you want to spend and how fast you want to be ....
B18B = less money very fast for a street setup
B18C1 = more money very very fast for a street setup

will a b18 work in my exsiting motor mounts? do I use exsiting tranny or new one?

you can use your mounts from what ive heard (i went with the hasports)
you need a B series tranny ... it will come with the swap

Back