b18/h22 installed into a 89 integra....First attempt..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89teg4me

sorry.
I started this in the lounge, i am learning!
The more I look in to this the more i like the H22. However, i would greatly appreciate any further info to help guide me the right direction.
Thanks
First I have a 89 integra 5sp D16A1. The motor is bad. May or may not be buildable. Previous owner (son-in-law) ran it out of oil. I am looking to make a project car out of it. I realize that, for durability and availability I might be best off going to a B series. I am thinking B18C5 with transmission and all. This would be a hydralic trans if I understand correctly what i have been reading. I am concerned with other posts i have been reading in that it sounds like i would be best off with a cable trans (and engine to match).
which engine am i best off with, the d16a1, b18c5, or are there better choices?
What else will I need to come up with to make the fit?
I will stop the questions to keep from leaving too long a post. Thanks in advance for any and all information.

89teg swap

:huh: well it looks like i am going to do a B20Z bottom and a B16a VTEC top. Any one know if valve clearance is going to be a problem?

Back