B18 Head + B20 Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ben

Swapping into a eg6. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

they are the same thing a b18 will bolt right up on the block. The only difference bettween a b18 and a b20 is that the b20 is bored out. Slap a head gasket on there and get that bitch runnin.

id go with the b16 head, there better if your gonna go turbo. and over all there going to let in more air in than a b18.

sweet thanks, i have a jdm b16a head, so i'm stoked, i had just heard you could get more power with b18 head. thats probably a big argument, but whatever i am stoked.

oops.. DO NOT OPEN THAT LAST LINK
bad link, avoid it, sorry on that
I meant searching,
"The Old One" at ENDYNE has some interesting stuff. used to have buildups on b20/vtec

Came to my mind also. Replacing my B18C block for a B20 with B18C head (etc)

Watch your rev limit though!
The B20 block doesn't like the rpm's
Posted this on our forum (Honda Type-R Club Benelux, Official Honda Team) and one guy has done this already.
These were the usefull tips I got:
Don't let it rev past 8k rmp if you use a stock Honda CR-V bottom end. (Taking it appart and replacing pistons and rod's will get you an extra 1k)
You have to make an Oil-catch can wich a CR-V block has not.
And you need some oil flowing to your head because the CR-V hasn't got the oil hole's for V-tec.
And keep in mind you won't be running high compression ratio's stock aprox 10.2:1

Conversion kit for the oil problem:
648.jpg

Back