b18 head choice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sparky

Alright guys. I'm tryin to figure out which head would be optimal for the engine building. Im currently building a turbo b18 engine... i am in the midst of buying a built dart block and I am wondering what head choice would be the best. I know my options are a b16 head, b18c1 head, and a b18c3. From what i have read the b8c3 has a better valvetrain as well as it being "tuned and ported to perfection". Any info would be appreciated. Would it be cheaper to just buy a 18c1 head and p&p and upgrade the valvetrain(obviously cams too). Thanks Jason :D

If you are dropping the cash on the Dart Block, get the Dart Head as well. It's ported better flows better and is based off a GSR Blank.

Brian

As far as valvetrain... if you arent going for crazy perf. #'s... stick to OE ITR shit. It's engineered to last... so use it.

You are better off buying a b18c1 head (GSR). While the type-R does have a mild p&p its not designed well for high HP. The valve train + cams are better but aftermarket will take you a lot further than any OEM.

i apologize for not stating my goals. My target horsepower is 350-400. I want to build it right to be reliable. But yet why would i go overboard and spend more if i dont need to. Well I have the money to buy a dart head at this time also. I have a good 9k set aside for this engine. I dont wanna overdo myself but i want it to be as reliable as a turbo engine can be.. haha. thanks for your help guys, i really appreciate it.

Dont forget no matter what you do as far as building the engine you have got to get it tuned. Not getting it tuned right away is asking for trouble.

i meant 9k on the engine meaning that I the turbo setup was not included. I dont know if that black integra on that site was 9k with or without the turbo setup. Yeah and im definately putting it on a dyno and getting it tuned as soon as its finished being built.

Back