1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18 in AUTO 95 Civic EX

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by ita2.4, Nov 12, 2003.

1. ita2.4

ita2.4 Junior Member

I was wondering if it is a good Idea to drop a B18 in an auto civic. Its a 95 EX
    Has anyone done it? The tranny does match up right? Even the engine mounts I think. I don't want to change the tranny. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

I don't fuck wit auto trannies but it should fit. You can use all the mounts except the driverside upper and lower mount.Everything else should just bolt on after that.

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

o wait d series engine WILL NOT bolt on to a b series, you will have to buy a b series auto tranny

4. nimblecivic

nimblecivic Senior Member

Southern IL, across the river from the Stl...
    I did a b16 swap in my 93 EX auto and he's right, you'll have to find a b series....
    b and d arent' interchangable....with mine I put a 96 teg ls auto on an xsi b16, then wired in the tranny control module for the tranny.....it was a mother to do but it runs like a honda...... ;)

5. InsaneCivicSedan

InsaneCivicSedan Junior Member

the tranny wiring is the only hard part but i believe u can use an auto tranny from a 93 which doesnt use the computer control module.....

6. nimblecivic

nimblecivic Senior Member

Southern IL, across the river from the Stl...
    you can only use a 93 tranny if it's b series, not d. they didn't use modules back then I don't believe...at least I've never heard of them...the only reason I had to have one wired in was because it was a newer tranny from a teg which did use a control module...now I'm faced with a cel because not only is my p28 trying to control my trannny and being overridden but the tcm is actually doing all the work, causing the p28 to throw a cel....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted