B18 in AUTO 95 Civic EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ita2.4

I was wondering if it is a good Idea to drop a B18 in an auto civic. Its a 95 EX
Has anyone done it? The tranny does match up right? Even the engine mounts I think. I don't want to change the tranny. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

I don't fuck wit auto trannies but it should fit. You can use all the mounts except the driverside upper and lower mount.Everything else should just bolt on after that.

I did a b16 swap in my 93 EX auto and he's right, you'll have to find a b series....
b and d arent' interchangable....with mine I put a 96 teg ls auto on an xsi b16, then wired in the tranny control module for the tranny.....it was a mother to do but it runs like a honda...... ;)

the tranny wiring is the only hard part but i believe u can use an auto tranny from a 93 which doesnt use the computer control module.....

you can only use a 93 tranny if it's b series, not d. they didn't use modules back then I don't believe...at least I've never heard of them...the only reason I had to have one wired in was because it was a newer tranny from a teg which did use a control module...now I'm faced with a cel because not only is my p28 trying to control my trannny and being overridden but the tcm is actually doing all the work, causing the p28 to throw a cel....

Back