b18 into 1992 civic, first swap please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

forsakened

Alright so im gonna put a b18b1 in my 1992 civic dx. This will be my first honda swap, but not first engine swap so I have an idea of what to do.

My questions are:
What ecu do I need?
What tranny do I need? And can I use a cable tranny to make it easier?
Do I need mounts?

Basically will someone tell me what I need, I know this is pathetic but I really want to do this...

Quoted post[/post]]
Alright so im gonna put a b18b1 in my 1992 civic dx. This will be my first honda swap, but not first engine swap so I have an idea of what to do.

My questions are:
What ecu do I need?
What tranny do I need? And can I use a cable tranny to make it easier?
Do I need mounts?

Basically will someone tell me what I need, I know this is pathetic but I really want to do this...
p74 or p75 (obd1)
Use the b18b1 HYDRO tranny.
No, the cable tranny will make things harder all around.
You will need the integra mount brackets and the civic mount rubbers.
You can re-use the DX harness, or use the b18b harness if it's there.
You will need 94+ integra axles and 94+ integra shift linkage.

Ok, sweet man. Exactly what I was looking for.

I know its kind of far fetched, but any idea on how much these parts will run at a junkyard or looking around online, Id like to keep cost to a minimum (who wouldnt right).

EDIT- Also I need a cable to hydro tranny conversion correct? Or does my DX have a hydro tranny?

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok, sweet man. Exactly what I was looking for.

I know its kind of far fetched, but any idea on how much these parts will run at a junkyard or looking around online, Id like to keep cost to a minimum (who wouldnt right).

EDIT- Also I need a cable to hydro tranny conversion correct? Or does my DX have a hydro tranny?
Your DX has a Hydro tranny, but it's not going to bolt up to the B series.
You will need a B series HYDRO transmission.
It completely depends on where you live, and who/how your junkyards are run for prices.
The ecu can be found for $50
LS (b18b1) transmissions are usually cheap as people replace them with GSR etc.
Expect to spend $300 or less.
The mount brackets should come on the engine?
Shiftlinkage will probly be around $50-75 but maybe cheaper...make sure it's 94+ integra.
Axles are about $60 each side for 'newly remanufactured' at autozone with core exchange.

If you have the motor already, plan to spend $500-700 to get it running..if you have transmission, maybe $200-400

Which axles do I need? And I was asking about mounts because I see how places like HAsport have h22 mounts for EG and such, I didn't know if i needed mounts like that.

EDIT- I just called a local junkyard and asked how much an LS motor was, to see if I was getting a good deal and the lady said they had a few LS's and the motor is 495 with 75 dollar core. And then I asked about GSR and she said same price...and isnt that a completely different/better motor? If so do I need pretty much the same stuff, hydro tranny and all the other stuff listed?

Quoted post[/post]]
Which axles do I need? And I was asking about mounts because I see how places like HAsport have h22 mounts for EG and such, I didn't know if i needed mounts like that.

EDIT- I just called a local junkyard and asked how much an LS motor was, to see if I was getting a good deal and the lady said they had a few LS's and the motor is 495 with 75 dollar core. And then I asked about GSR and she said same price...and isnt that a completely different/better motor? If so do I need pretty much the same stuff, hydro tranny and all the other stuff listed?
If they have a GSR for 495, go buy every single one of them..
Sell everything/anything you can and buy them all.. right now... fuck get a loan.
Same things needed either way... the GSR is a better engine.
The axles will need to be 94-01 Acura Integra axles (part numbers 8000 and 8063 from autozone*i think)
Optionally, you could use 99-00 Civic Si axles.
No matter what engine you put in your car you will need/want the matching Hydro tranny....
(Yes a cable transmission COULD be used, but it will make your life suck and you will spend more most likely)

Putting a B series into a 92 DX doesn't NEED an aftermarket mount kit, but you could use one if you wanted to.
You just need the B series brackets and the D series (92 DX) rubber mounts.

Alright im gonna call the junkyard back and double check this.

They ask what year make and model, so I know Acura Integra GSR, but what year should I say? Ill ask for a price on the motor and tranny.

Quoted post[/post]]
Alright im gonna call the junkyard back and double check this.

They ask what year make and model, so I know Acura Integra GSR, but what year should I say? Ill ask for a price on the motor and tranny.
The GSR b18c1 only came in 94-01 integras.
The GSR b17a1 only came in 93 integras... if you can get any GSR (that runs) for $500, you're sitting on a gold mine.
You could sell it the next day for $1k.

Ok, the lady kind of got mad but she said 495 with 75 core charge...again. For any 94-2001 GSR. She said she doesn't know how many are out there are gsr or ls's, but she said they had quite a few.

The tranny is 413 with a 25 dollar core. I guess tomorrow before work Ill go check it out and see if they have any b18c1s, but is this a good deal for the b18b also?

So ummmm, where are you from? And whats the name of this magical junkyard?

Dont recognize the 911 area code. It seems that if I type in 911 in my phone its going to call people that aren't going to sell me an engine. Where in the southeast is it?

Back