B18 into 92 hatch question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wokam

i would like to put an LS into a 92 hatch. but i dont know what year Integra the engine should come out of, can anyone give me an answer?

sweet, thanks. another question.... turbo is in the future for it, is the gsr tranny the best for turbo applications? again, what year tranny?

GSR trannies are good for turbo from what I hear. Use a transmission from 94-01 because of the hydraulic clutch. You could use an earlier one but they have cable clutches and that isn't what your 92 Civic has.

I just put a jdm obd2 b18b with a b16 tranny in my hatch.. I used the stock dx harness.. and just switched the plugs on the dizzy to make it work.. everything else was pretty much cake.. just dont go with an obd0 motor.

An OBD0 motor is fine, too if you swap the fuel rail, injectors, distibutor and ECU with the OBD you need Teg motor and you're good to go...BTW, the LS tranny has taller gears so for turbo applications it usually works better. Just my $.02

GSRCIVICTN said:
You could make any LS engine work, but it would be easiest if you got one from a 94-95.
Like I said.

if u get a 93 ur gonne need a few thinds for it to work.. the 94+ engine bay is the same as that of the hatchbacks.. hence why they drop right in.. but if u get a 93 ur gonna have to change the l bracket for the rear mount and also change the driver side mount.. the problem im running into right now for mine is that i dont know if i need to change the bracket for the driver side mount to or just the mount.. and finding a mount driving me nuts..

Back