B18 into 95 civic question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xl cubert lx

Ok, ill start by saying right now I own a 95 civic coupe with the stock d16z6 in it...bought it as a DD and have put about 50k on it in the past yea rand a half. The Z6 is starting to get a bit boring/tired, so ive been looking to upgrade.

For awhile I was gonna pick up another z6 and just do a mild N/A build, but in the process i found a guy my friend knows who is selling a B18 engine and trans, fresh timing belt and water pump, brand new radiator, axles, and a few other things for 500 bucks. Only problem is its OBD0.

Now my question...to get this engine to work in my car I would need to get an OBD1 intake manifold, TB, and head, right? If that is the case ill probably pick it up and do an LS/Vtec. Anyhting else I would need to change? I also have to check and see if its a cable or hydro trans...

Any help is much appreciated...

im guessing it a b18a1. technically it is illegal to put that motor in ur car cause the motor is older than the car. but if u still wanna do it i suggest searching...its been asked.

Back