B18 into 96 civic. what mounts needed?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dslowturtl

Hey guys, kinda new here.
i am doing a b18 swap into a 96 civic hatch and I have no idea what motor mounts to use. i know I need the 99-00 civic SI rear lower but other then that I am stuck. any info would be cool
thanks
Griffin

You can use the stock Civic Drivers side mount and use the passenger side mount as well, But usually they are worn after a few years, get some HCP replacement mounts they are cheap and will last, you can get em for about $300

Originally posted by 96coupeb18@Oct 14 2003, 05:15 PM
You can use the stock Civic Drivers side mount and use the passenger side mount as well, But usually they are worn after a few years, get some HCP replacement mounts they are cheap and will last, you can get em for about $300

If you're only going to buy the top two, get the HAsports, they set the standard as far as quality goes, and cost $150 a piece.

I'm using the stock mount on the left side.It is liqiud filled and sucks for the b18. To much power.If your on a budget then use it if you have the money buy the Hasport mount kit for the left it's a new bracket and a b18b mount NICE!!!!!

hasport>>>all others.

also, on the back mount, if you use the urethane part that came with your car, you might have to modify it a li'l. i had to grind the edges of the bolt hole of mine down, to make it narrower.

dont know if that's a common problem or not....

i did this swap into my 96 hatch ....i changed my rear engine BRACKET not mount and the front right tranny bracket, again not the mount.......and on the driver's side i had to change the braket with the 2 holes for the mount bolts (the bracket thats actually on the engine under teh cam gears)

good lord dude, a mount is a mount.

bracket, mount, whatever.

if you have the rear BRACKET from the b18, you'll have everything you need. everythign else can be used from your d-series.

i did this swap into my 96 hatch ....i changed my rear engine BRACKET not mount and the front right tranny bracket, again not the mount.......and on the driver's side i had to change the braket with the 2 holes for the mount bolts (the bracket thats actually on the engine under the cam gears)

IF YOUR CAR IS AUTO RIGHT NOW U NEED TO GET ALL SI MOUNTS AND BRACKETS IF IT STRAND U CAN USE ALL THE MOUNTS AND BRAKETS FROM THE EX ITS THE SAME AS SI ONLY THING IS THAT U WILL NEED THE REAR TRANY BRACKET FROM A 99-01 SI I GOT A B18C1 IN MY 96 COUPLE AND I WENT THROUGH HELL TO ; ONE LAST THING IS THAT U NEED THE SI BRACKET THAT IS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE MOTOR WHICH LOOKS LIKE TWO FORKS STICKIN UP THE FORKS ON THE GSR ARE SAMLLER THAN ON SI ; SO U CAN PUT THE TOP LEFT MOTOR MOUNT

dude y waste money on buying hasport mounts,, last i heard u can use the D or B series mounts for the b18 swaps, no need to waste money on those kind of things.

all of this is vcovered in the 6th gen swap section. have a read

Back