1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18 into 96 civic. what mounts needed?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by dslowturtl, Oct 14, 2003.

1. dslowturtl

dslowturtl Junior Member

Hey guys, kinda new here.
    i am doing a b18 swap into a 96 civic hatch and I have no idea what motor mounts to use. i know I need the 99-00 civic SI rear lower but other then that I am stuck. any info would be cool
    thanks
    Griffin

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Other than that use the mounts that come with/for the engine.

3. 96coupeb18

96coupeb18 Senior Member

You can use the stock Civic Drivers side mount and use the passenger side mount as well, But usually they are worn after a few years, get some HCP replacement mounts they are cheap and will last, you can get em for about $300

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

If you're only going to buy the top two, get the HAsports, they set the standard as far as quality goes, and cost $150 a piece.

5. nosaholic

nosaholic Junior Member

I'm using the stock mount on the left side.It is liqiud filled and sucks for the b18. To much power.If your on a budget then use it if you have the money buy the Hasport mount kit for the left it's a new bracket and a b18b mount NICE!!!!!

6. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

hasport>>>all others.

also, on the back mount, if you use the urethane part that came with your car, you might have to modify it a li'l. i had to grind the edges of the bolt hole of mine down, to make it narrower.

dont know if that's a common problem or not....

7. MrLewis84

MrLewis84 Junior Member

i did this swap into my 96 hatch ....i changed my rear engine BRACKET not mount and the front right tranny bracket, again not the mount.......and on the driver's side i had to change the braket with the 2 holes for the mount bolts (the bracket thats actually on the engine under teh cam gears)

8. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

good lord dude, a mount is a mount.

bracket, mount, whatever.

if you have the rear BRACKET from the b18, you'll have everything you need. everythign else can be used from your d-series.

9. MrLewis84

MrLewis84 Junior Member

i did this swap into my 96 hatch ....i changed my rear engine BRACKET not mount and the front right tranny bracket, again not the mount.......and on the driver's side i had to change the braket with the 2 holes for the mount bolts (the bracket thats actually on the engine under the cam gears)

10. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

holy redundancy, batman!

11. horsedangler

horsedangler Banned

IF YOUR CAR IS AUTO RIGHT NOW U NEED TO GET ALL SI MOUNTS AND BRACKETS IF IT STRAND U CAN USE ALL THE MOUNTS AND BRAKETS FROM THE EX ITS THE SAME AS SI ONLY THING IS THAT U WILL NEED THE REAR TRANY BRACKET FROM A 99-01 SI I GOT A B18C1 IN MY 96 COUPLE AND I WENT THROUGH HELL TO ; ONE LAST THING IS THAT U NEED THE SI BRACKET THAT IS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE MOTOR WHICH LOOKS LIKE TWO FORKS STICKIN UP THE FORKS ON THE GSR ARE SAMLLER THAN ON SI ; SO U CAN PUT THE TOP LEFT MOTOR MOUNT

12. weak_sauce

weak_sauce Member

dude y waste money on buying hasport mounts,, last i heard u can use the D or B series mounts for the b18 swaps, no need to waste money on those kind of things.

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

all of this is vcovered in the 6th gen swap section. have a read

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted