b18 ls automatic swap into a automatic eg hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jabes

sooo heres the question, my buddy has a 94 civic hatch that is currently automatic and has a single cam in it thats slowly dying and he wants to swap a automatic b18b1 into it, I told him it would be easier to swap it to 5 speed but he wants to keep the car automatic.

Now my question is will the integra trans mounts work to put the b18b1 automatic transmission into the civic? I know that the 5 speed mounts fit fine but I've heard that the automatic mount won't work with the civic and if not can I use the civic single cam mounts? and also will the integra tcu plug into the civic or will we need to do some kind of conversion harness?

Once again its not my car and if I was doing the swap I'd put the 5 speed trans in instead but my buddy doesn't want the car to be 5 speed.

the B18B auto is not a direct swap
the tranny does not bolt up correctly so there is custom work required
and there is no point
just get another stock D series and call it a day
if he wants to get more performance tell him to learn to drive stick

just did this swap on my 95 eg hatch auto. The only problem i had was the tranny was to big and had to modify the frame under the upper mount for the tranny to fit in properly. For wirring you have to get a custom harness to run the tcm or it wont shift properly. I have my b18b auto hatch running and shifting awesome.

so the frame just has to be modified? it doesn't need any custom mounts for the transmission? and where would i get the custom harness from or what would i need to do to make one myself if they dont sell it?

Last edited:
Back