B18 motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civichatch69

Well I just recently swapped in a b18a1 into my 92 civic and now i cant get the motor to start up the engine is turning but it wont fire up. Its got spark and fuel is coming up to the fuel rail but it has me so puzzled it just cannot figure it out. The timing is right i did it twice i think im kinda leaning towards something is wrong with the fuel delivery but im not sure. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Make sure you have the ground connected right above where the thermostat is. I forgot to hook that up once and kept trying to start the car. It took me about a minute of cranking before I finally decided to check the harness and found I forgot to connect that ground.

spoda is right... if you're running an obd0 b18a, your dizzy won't work with an obd1 ecu.
also, if the injectors are peak/hold, you're going to need a resistor box on a p75 obd1 ls ecu, as it expects saturated style.
i have info on injector styles is in the articles section

Alright check this out this is what i did. I realized after i bought the motor that my car was obo1 and the motor was obd0 so i got a newer model 'teg intake manifold so all the sensor would plug up the manifold is a an obd2 tho but i fgured it would work since all the connectors are the same i have also replaced the ECU for an obd1 'teg LS. The injectors are the ones from my civic and they are saturated injectors with the same cc rating so it thought that would work. And all of the grounds are connected. The only other thing that i found when i was messing with it today is the is some kind of sensor on theback of the block and i knew of the knock sensor and the oil pressure sensor but what else is back there?? It has with two wires coming from it i belicve black and yellow and has a black rubber cover on it the connector from it has been cut so i didnt realize it was there till today.What is it. Anything else would be helpful. Thanks

You said the plug was cut from the wires? If there is a plug, any chance of taking a pic of it? Are you sure the wires are just black and yellow? its not black with a stripe or yellow with a stripe?

i know this is a long shot but i put a bi18a1 in my 91 civic and i didnt hook my altenater put at first and it wouldnt start so check

Back