b18 or b20 for turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88rx

so i am new to this hole honda i used to be in to eclipses and now i just bought a 88 crx and im loopking to do a b series swap but i dont know to much about the engines and their pro and cons i was thinking about using a b20 or b18 probaly non vtech and eventually turbo i can do all the work my self so that is not an issue just wondering if one swap is easier or if one is better for turbo charging dose one head flow better that the other well if anybody can help me out with any of these questions or if you have any other random info please let me know thanks

Either one would work. if you go with a b20, change the intake manifold (skunk2 non vtech model). or you can pick up a single cam vtech engine(d16y8 or d16z6)
they will bolt up to your stock tranny and you can put in in your engine bay without mods. from their you could go turbo ,etc

If you're not going to use a Vtec motor, might as well go for displacement, B20. Any choice on a turbo yet or still weighing all the scales? T3/T4E with a .48AR turbine housing should do the trick ;)

I say use the b20 block and a b18b head. Then boost it. I just love that motor combo.

No Turbo Decided On Yet I Just Konw That I Want The Car To Be Fast You Know May Be Like 12 Or 13s Any One Have Any Info On Fuel Systems I Know Hondata I A Big On Or Engine Electronice Also But Any Personal Expericnce With Any Thing Or Any Sugestions At All Thanks

No Turbo Decided On Yet I Just Konw That I Want The Car To Be Fast You Know May Be Like 12 Or 13s Any One Have Any Info On Fuel Systems I Know Hondata I A Big On Or Engine Electronice Also But Any Personal Expericnce With Any Thing Or Any Sugestions At All Thanks
12s or 13s is going to be expensive as hell all motor. I would just boost it.

vtech vtech

FYI, vtec does not have an "H" in it.

how do you type a sentence with every word beginning with a capital letter? i have never seen that in my entire life. ever.

Back