b18 or what?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegb18power

ok i bought a 91 teg for 500 bucks shell of a deal but = i didnt ask how many miles were on it :oops:come to find out it was 305xxx so n ow im felling dumb and now my question is should i rebuild the b18a1? or go with a swap that has less miles? and whats a good swap to turbo becuase i want to turbo it? any help would be great thank you

well first off id scrap that tired motor, id do a GSR swap if your gonna boost its a bit more work but its worth it. GS-R is in my opinion is a good build to do, i dont like the b16's just not enough bang for the buck but others say different again this is MY opinion.

yeah man, going turbo is a big goal.

if you really just need the car for daily driving, just do a motor swap to something with a little more power. even a b20 swap would be grat compared to your old 300k mile LS motor.

if you have several thousand dollars to put into the car then rebuild the engine you have now for boost and turbo it. or if you have even more money to spend, get a GSR motor have it sleeved and make a monster.

not to mention B18A1s aren't the best B18s out there.

Is this what you meant? I'm pretty sure that it is.

Anyway, yes, I'd at least look into a newer B18B1. It's essentially the same motor, but it has a few more horses and you're more likely to find one with much lower miles. If you're looking to go turbo then a B18B would be a good choice. If you want something that you can just drop in and enjoy, then I'd look towards a B18C1 (GS-R engine)...

Last edited:
Back