B18 Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmotord16rex

I am putting together the parts for my b18 swap into my crx. I can possibly get a S1 tranny for cheap. Does anyone know which flywheel and clutch need to be used to bolt this tranny up. Do you just use the integra flywheel and clutch. Thanks.

Cable trannys in good shape with good gearing are very tough to find for a reasonable price. ~$450 is the cheapest I have found one. I wish you luck.

You might be better off getting the HA Sport Cable to Hydro conversion for your car, that would allow you to run any of the newer trannys.

well just a word of advice, u use a b16a or early GSR tranny u will be around 4500 rpm on the freeway, which is impractical for most drivers, not to mention not the best for ur engine.

Well, I know the cruising rpm will be high. I dont drive on the highway too much and I can get an LS fifth gear if necessary. I just want to know if it bolts up to the ls flywheel and uses an ls clutch.

yes, it will bolt up and i believe it uses b16 clutch b/c of the weird imput shaft size on the LS. LS might work tho, ill find out and get back to u.

Thanks sleeper, just let me know what you find out. I believe you can use a B18 clutch though. Whenever I look at performance clutches, they say they fit all 90-00 integra, 99-00 civic si, and del sol vtec. So it looks like it would work.

LSVTEC, I stumbled upon a great deal. I am getting this S1 tranny for 300 dollars and that includes a place racing tranny mount. My friend is a dealer and he gets me the hook up. I am also gettin my b18a for 575 shipped and that includes a 3 month warranty, it also only has 80k miles.

That is a really good price for a tranny. Especially if it is in good shape. It's too bad I can't find one around here for anywhere close. The local shops want $450+.

Back