B18 solenoid help / urgent

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

APEXi

i need ur help guys.... the plug on the IAB's solenoid on a b18c1, theres 2 wires comming off it rite.. a red/blue line and a black wire rite.... i kno that the red wire runs too pin A17 on my obd1 p72 ecu... can some one plz tell me where the other (black) wire runs to plz????

thanx guys

just a ground.

unless your motor is obd2... then you need to switch the activation. this is covered int he swap articles forum.

thanx for ur reply man, i read the artical but i aint good when it comes to wiring... so do i need to put the back wire to a 12V switched source as the motor is obd2?

or do i need to switch the activation to a obd1 activation??

im a lil confused, thanx

your using an obd1 computer, with an obd2 motor.

the obd2 motor has the different activation than the obd1 motor does, so you will have to do everything that article states

thanx for ur reply, would joining the black IAB's wire with the pin A25 12v wire be ok???

sorry, i was thnking about something else...

from the article:

For the IAB you will need to move A20 to A17. Since you will be using the OBD2 engine harness and an OBD1 GS-R ECU you will need to cut the black wire at the IAB plug and give it a 12V switched source. You can get this from the yel/blk wire at the injectors or the IACV.

The reason this needs to be done is due to the fact that the OBD1 GS-R ECU uses a negative trigger to activate the IAB and the OBD2 GS-R ECU uses a positive trigger to activate the IAB. If you use the OBD2 GS-R engine harness with the OBD1 GS-R ECU the IAB will not work by just moving A20 to A17 (as with an OBD1 GS-R ECU and OBD1 GS-R engine harness).

do this.

Back