b18 swap rear mount ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zephon96

im putting the b18a1 into my 90 crx. i got the side mounts ok, but what the hell does the back mount mount to on the engine? maybe im missing a part or something....any help, any pics appreciated. thanx.

Originally posted by zephon96@Sep 17 2005, 10:32 PM
im putting the b18a1 into my 90 crx. i got the side mounts ok, but what the hell does the back mount mount to on the engine? maybe im missing a part or something....any help, any pics appreciated. thanx.
[post=556079]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you buy a mount kit??

The rear mount bolts up in the holes to the right of where the stock location was. There is also a very large bracket that goes from the motor to the mount. Its kind of "Y" shaped.. well, a retarded y....

EGRB.jpg

looks alot like that...

Did you buy a mount kit??

The rear mount bolts up in the holes to the right of where the stock location was. There is also a very large bracket that goes from the motor to the mount. Its kind of "Y" shaped.. well, a retarded y....

EGRB.jpg

looks alot like that...
[post=556107]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

ive got hasport mounts. i dont see anything remotely like that on my motor, i got the motor already out of the teg it came from. where exactly does that Y bracket mount to on the motor? like in relation to, the oil filter, or the intermediate shaft.

It'll bolt on where the block and tranny come together on the backside. Its a mount bracket that should've been on your motor. You don't get it with your mount kit.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Sep 18 2005, 03:46 PM
It'll bolt on where the block and tranny come together on the backside. Its a mount bracket that should've been on your motor. You don't get it with your mount kit.
[post=556331]Quoted post[/post]​

right, i know its not with the mount kit, im just trying to look at the engine and figure out where its supposed to be. i dont think that im THAT retarded that im looking at it and just missing it, i really dont think that its there. im assuming that this Y bracket bolts on the back of the motor, its not welded or part of the block. so it must be not there. just for sake of asking, does anyone happen to have their b18 out of the car and have a picture of it.... do they?

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Sep 18 2005, 04:53 PM
You need that bracket to get the rear mount straight, www.inlinefour.com has them i believe.
[post=556347]Quoted post[/post]​

the Stealership has them for pretty cheap too beleive it or not. If you bought the complete change from HMotors you wouldn't have this problem now would you? :lol: :p

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Sep 18 2005, 04:00 PM-->
VTECPOWER
@Sep 18 2005, 04:53 PM
You need that bracket to get the rear mount straight, www.inlinefour.com has them i believe.
[post=556347]Quoted post[/post]​

the Stealership has them for pretty cheap too beleive it or not. If you bought the complete change from HMotors you wouldn't have this problem now would you? :lol: :p
[post=556348]Quoted post[/post]​

I had the same problem with my swap. You need the mount that connects to the motor. make sure its the right year and for the right tranny too becuase I got screwed and bought one that wasnt right. I ordered one from Acura and paid like $50 for it and it slipped right in.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 19 2005, 01:16 PM
yea, you need the rear mount bracket. so uhm buy it. ebay bitch
[post=556682]Quoted post[/post]​

I have two L brackets in the garage, but this is not a forsale forum or thread. Hit me up and I can help you out.

You did put the rear mount on the rear x member correct?

Back