b18 swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

custompainter

drive it like U stole it
i have a 99 ek with a b18 swap from a 99 LS
just got everything in and running
i have a CEL code 17 wich is VSS ? any thoughts on what it might be

also it is idling at 2 grand need some insight on this to ???

and how tight should the timing belt be ?

vss should be easy to fix. just check and see if the speedo works, odometer works, and that you get backup lights.

check your iacv for the idle.

timing belt shouldn't have slack.

what do you mean you have a code 17? Isn't that an OBD2 motor in an OBD2 car? Why are you getting OBD1 style codes? Is there something I'm missing here? TO the best of my knowledge your codes should start with p and have 4 numbers after that, like, P0402, etc...

if you check your CEL your self with a paper clip you have to read the blinks - my CEL blinked off a 17 wich in OBD2a would be P0500 - VSS circuit malfunction. it also blinked off a 41, 65, and a 10, but i know what those are
this code 17 is still giving me sh-t though my speedo doesnt work the sensor is good. I took it out and put it in my buddies car the damn thing worked . So i'm lost, i'm about to run a new set of wires to it.
anyone ??
O and one other thing i cant get the damn idel to drop down it's ideling at 2 grand - I tryed the little screw on the throttle body didn't get anything out of that.
i've also messed with the Dizzy and didn't get anywhere with that.
???????????????/

Back