b18 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sabi670

im thinking of ditching my mini me swap and going with a b18b. my question is will the b18 axles fit right in on my hubs? or do i have to swap the hubs out too? (what parts do i need) its going into a 96 dx hatch.

one more thing....

on the swap guide, do i understand it correctly that ill also need the rear tranny and driver side mounts from a 99-00 civic si? or is that from whatever b series engine im using? (which driver side mount? upper or lower? my hatch has two i think.

sorry if its noob-ish..... :)

anyone?????

I know several of you have done a b-series swap into your civic. Can you lemme know please if the b series axles go into a dx civic hub? or do i need the b hubs?

I'm sure the axles will fit, I dont know about the mounts but us the ones that came off the engine if ur puttin it in a 92-95 otherwise you'll need special mounts.

you need a new back mount. you should be able to use the driver's side mount thats in your car already.

i did a B16A into my 98 Ex... i had to get the rear motor mount and i used axles from a 97 del sol vtec...

Yes the axles will work, as well as the shiftlinkage. You need a 99+ civic si rear tranny bracket and the top mount also. And thats it.-paul

FINALLY!!!!!!......... :D Thanks guys, i was really stuck on this one....

tnsxsear - is that top mount for tranny too? or top mount on drivers side.....

MrLewis84 - how do you like the swap? should i go ahead and do it or should i just go ahead and work on the y7/y8 mini-me?

I think i'd spend less working on the mini-me, but i know id have more potential w/the b18b ........

PS: gsr tranny or stick w/ an ls?

so....... should i go with the b18 swap, or work the d16 mini-me?

i got bout 2,500 to 3000 to spend for everything......

any opinions?

Thank you for your help tnsxsear.

If you got about 3000, you can get a b18b1 swap for about 1600-2000 at most local import shops, and just use the rest to get basics like an iceman intake, header, fuel stuff, than once you have everything, save up for a b16 head and go ls/vtec. Like me. in my hatch :D or maybe you can get a deal on a b18c1 swap for 3000.....

you need b series axles. what car are you putting it in too, and what motor? and what do you have?

if you get a b18c1, i have the 0bd2 p72 for sale for $100

Back