b18 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicracer906

im new to the whole thing,i have a 1995 civic lx i was woundering if i do a b18 swap do i need to modify any mounts? also is the motor, trans, axles and ecu all i need to change? thanks!!

VTEC B18 needs D16Z6 harness or USDM Integra VTEC harness from motor to engine bay

Also need to run all VTEC wire form motor to ECU

Knock sensor needs to be ran

But you can make it clean by using those wiring harness I talked about and going through the OEM engine bay plugs then through the firewall to ECU

Or you run an LS and I think you can use the wiring harness off your original motor

get all the stuff you mentioned and LS will go in but...

You need those mounts and shift linkage too...no matter what B18 you run

what do you mean by LS? if i run the LS do i still need knock sensors, what are knock sensors? will the mounts line up as long as i got the b18 rubbers?

if its a non vtec or vtec b18 use your stock civic harness, and just add the wires that are missing if its a vtec motor. other than that you will need a new ecu,axles,motor mounts. and stay with a 92-95 b18 to keep it simple 94-95 would be the better choice

The whole mount is needed...what ever motor. And yes....you harness would be the best to use if you don't need it for resale or can't get one that I spoke about. I got mine for $60 so i could keep my LS wiring harness on the swap still

The LS is the non-vtec (I say 94-95 too) It is the same set up (in terms of a wiring harness) as the non-vtec civics

I'm sorry....LS and your LX have the same wiring for the entire motor/trans operation....period...

Or spend more money ($1500 more)...little more time (VTEC wiring) and you'll have a car that rips mid 14's with three bolts. But LS will get you in the low low low 15's with three bolts.

Just stay OBD1 to avoid more mod's needed.

hey, I am doing something kind of similar, I am new to this website and have no clue how to use it, but is it possible to use a B16 harness for an LS motor?

Back