B18 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

radeon

Ok, I have read around and can't find out a straight answer about which tranny to use in the swap. I have a 99 civic ex. Can I use my tranny that is in the car or do I need to get a different one. Also, can someone give me a complete list of everything I would need to do the swap. Everything I have read all say different on what all is needed. I want to make sure I don't forget anything if I do the swap.

Thanks in advance.

seriously you didn't do enough research, try the search bar on at the top i found it helped me out a whole lot. PS, if you have a d series engine in you car witch i think the 99 ex's came with you will deffinatly need a b series hydro tranny, and your gona need axles, motor of course, shift linkaged, and possibly mounts, it all depends on what your planning on swaping in there. try doing more research theres a real good articles on swaps and things needed to do the swaps on this site.

Ok, I have read around and can't find out a straight answer about which tranny to use in the swap. I have a 99 civic ex. Can I use my tranny that is in the car or do I need to get a different one. Also, can someone give me a complete list of everything I would need to do the swap. Everything I have read all say different on what all is needed. I want to make sure I don't forget anything if I do the swap.

Thanks in advance.

None of the stuff I found actually answered if I could use the tranny that is in the car. But, I did find some good articles on here about the swap itself. I looked around a little but was in a hurry cause my friend was going to get the engine off of a friend of his for $100. But the guy my friend was going to get the engine from has already sold it, so not sure if I'm still going to go this route or not. Might just go the cheaper route and and get a new D16 block for my car, since I spun a bearing and just build it up.

to save you a little money if you plan on building up an engine just use the one that you spun a bearing in, considering the block is still usable. unless your doing like what i am doing i bought an extra block to slowly build so when i get done i can just swap the engine out in two days and not be out of a car that long? just some ideas there's lots of good articles on differn't typed of swaps and build on this site take time dont get in a rush unless you have too and still you need to take your time to make sure you do every thing correctly. good luck with swap or build.

None of the stuff I found actually answered if I could use the tranny that is in the car. But, I did find some good articles on here about the swap itself. I looked around a little but was in a hurry cause my friend was going to get the engine off of a friend of his for $100. But the guy my friend was going to get the engine from has already sold it, so not sure if I'm still going to go this route or not. Might just go the cheaper route and and get a new D16 block for my car, since I spun a bearing and just build it up.

The crank is scarred up. I will probably get another engine drop it in and then slowy rebuild the other block is possible.

Back