b18 teggy cams??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heresssjonny

hi guys im new here and i have a civic with a b18c4 engine uk model which i belive is the same as the b18c1 you use in the gsr
basically i was wondering what the best tuning ideas would be like integra type r cams manifold and mugen ecu?? or turbo?? i am a mechanic but dont really wana take the engine out and drill oil ways for the turbo etc so id prefere not to turbo it! what abt vtec controler ?? i really duno where to start. thanks guys help will b much apreciated .

Well, you asked alot of questions, but I can tell you that if you want decent power a turbo is going to be the best way to get there.

The GSR is a great platform for boost, a decent turbo setup will cost you about 3k when all is said and done.

Going N/A to get you the same power is going to cost you TWICE as much.

Pick a power goal, say 250 whp, and get the parts together to get there.

cool thanks guys so does mine have a p28 ecu already or is that an after market ecu? il scrap the vtec controller idea then!!
also about the type r cams would this be a good idea if i can find some cheap enough?? there seems to be alot of turbo kits avaliable are there some which need avoiding? cheers

cool thanks guys so does mine have a p28 ecu already or is that an after market ecu? il scrap the vtec controller idea then!!
also about the type r cams would this be a good idea if i can find some cheap enough?? there seems to be alot of turbo kits avaliable are there some which need avoiding? cheers

The P28 is from the 92-95 Civic. It's meant for the single-cam D16Z6 motor, and it's OBD1. The reason people like to use them is because they're very easy to chip and tune for use with any kind of Honda motor setup.

As for the Type R cams, I'd say skip them if you're planning on going turbo. They're meant for a high-compression N/A screamer (which is what the Type R is). If you want new cams, look into turbo cams. Lots of companies make them, like Crower for example.

Back