b18 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey looking for suggestions on b18 and turbo parts to make a 250 hp dd any suggestions plz haha.^_^

yeah but that dude has a fully built engine almost , im just looking for what parts are cheaper to buy for a turbo because buying a kit is more exspensive then buying in parts,and what would i need for the engine to run reliably

ahh i see well this is what i done with my stock b18al,

programmed ecu- 150$
60 trim t3/t4 air research turbo kit and piping 450 $ i think it was
intercooler 150$

i run 9 psi on stock motor but i dont reccomend it if u want it to last i wouldnt run no more than like 4-6 psi.. jus to be safe
these prices are what i paid a year or two ago so they may not be the same now ...

psi is just a number that yields xxx HP.

stock engine should see no more than 250whp, and that is given that the engine has been WELL maintained, and has fairly low miles.

if your engine is tired, leaking oil, sounds sloppy, or has low compression, dont even consider a turbo setup without a rebuild

to answer your question, you can easily do a junkyard setup and make 200whp. used mitsu parts are cheap. do some searching aroud, youll find what you need.

psi is just a number that yields xxx HP.

stock engine should see no more than 250whp, and that is given that the engine has been WELL maintained, and has fairly low miles.

if your engine is tired, leaking oil, sounds sloppy, or has low compression, dont even consider a turbo setup without a rebuild

to answer your question, you can easily do a junkyard setup and make 200whp. used mitsu parts are cheap. do some searching aroud, youll find what you need.
wow didnt know thats what the psi ment i just thought it was how much boost in psi u was runnin through... i agree bro, just sayn what i was running to give an example lol :cool:

it is a measure of pressure. people take it too far sometimes though. the amount of boost it takes to get different engines to a power level varies too greatly to just stamp a pressure on a certain power level, wouldnt you say?

hmmm? cheap turbo..yet reliable...gotta get lucky on parts in junk yards i guess. a turbo kit of some kind with a cheap turbo piping kit and about 3500 in the engine build should do good for 250 wheel horsepower. assuming you can fabricate parts yourself id say you can do it for no more than 5000 bucks. whats your budget?

it is a measure of pressure. people take it too far sometimes though. the amount of boost it takes to get different engines to a power level varies too greatly to just stamp a pressure on a certain power level, wouldnt you say?

yeah ur right bro, i jus was givin an example of how he could cheaply do it lol and what ive heard is too much psi for stock .. i learnin stuff everyday lol ...

haha well im trying to keep the budget below 3000$ or so, well i was thinking of getting the mottor a port and polish and bossibly a small bore and try to get some pistons for it hopefully keeping that part under 1000, and probly the rest on a turbo kit and when i get to the dyno tuner i will get it pute together there or befor i go,,,, also i would have to drive the car there so i dont know if i could put the kit on and go or just do it there

yeah ur right bro, i jus was givin an example of how he could cheaply do it lol and what ive heard is too much psi for stock .. i learnin stuff everyday lol ...
haha yes, im learning as well :thumbsup:
haha well im trying to keep the budget below 3000$ or so, well i was thinking of getting the mottor a port and polish and bossibly a small bore and try to get some pistons for it hopefully keeping that part under 1000, and probly the rest on a turbo kit and when i get to the dyno tuner i will get it pute together there or befor i go,,,, also i would have to drive the car there so i dont know if i could put the kit on and go or just do it there

my advice to you is this:
1) get the engine rebuilt the RIGHT way regardless of cost. get it done right. new bearings, rings, etc. decide if you want to throw a set of pistons and rods in there while youre at it. if not, stock stuff will suffice for what youre doing.

2) break the engine in while youre saving up the extra cash for the turbo setup.

3) throw the turbo setup on, have it street tuned. work out all the little bugs and kinks that there are with every turbo setup.

4) once everything is running PERFECT (no leaks, CEL's, etc) then head to the dyno and get a good tune put on the car.

sounds like a plan thats probly the way im going to stick with this time, so any one know anywhere where i can order pieces or is it cheaper for a kit?

its cheaper to get a kit and throw it together.. if you do research and buy what you need a little at a time.. youll spend about the same for a better setup.. persay when i go to the track and put cheap gas in it the car wont run top notch.. if i spend a lil more for high octane then ill get better results

Back