B18 Type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18jdm

hi all im new to the site and i see that you guys have a lot of intresting articles, but well back to the deal, my friend has a 96 civic coupe by the 15 of january he's getting a b18 type r complete change from hmotors, what do we need to install this engine and also to keep the A/C?? all we need are mounts?? or do we need wiring harness?? thank you

:ditto: it is an easy swap as long as you have everything you need for the engine, you are going to use your stock harness and depending if your civic is vtec or not you will have to add the vtec wires, you are going to need your obd2a injectors tho for your b18c from your d16, and you are going to need a dizzy that is obd2a since your teg engine is obd2b if i am not mistaking
the rest is cake

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Dec 7 2004, 08:30 AM
:ditto: it is an easy swap as long as you have everything you need for the engine, you are going to use your stock harness and depending if your civic is vtec or not you will have to add the vtec wires, you are going to need your obd2a injectors tho for your b18c from your d16, and you are going to need a dizzy that is obd2a since your teg engine is obd2b if i am not mistaking
the rest is cake
[post=427617]Quoted post[/post]​

why do i need the injectors from the D16 ?? i think they are smaller right??

ahhh, so how do i make my non v tech to v tech, i been traying to search for it but cant seem to find it, also they gave us a computer whit the engine do we take the original one out and put this one, or would my stock one would work.thank you

You should be able to use the injectors that come with the swap, as your car is OBD2 and the swap is OBD2.As for the computer make sure the ECU Code is"P73"
that is the ecu for the Type R Motor

EDIT: I put a 2000 Type R in my 1995 Civic DX. Alot of Splicing of wires,But well worth it!!!

thank you for the link, and im really sorry about the h, it wont happen ever again :)

Back