B18 vs b20

what would you pick

• b18

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • b20

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Was just wondering what other ppl thougt, if i do get to do the swap i know im going b20 prolly b20b just cause they're easier to find, b16/18 tranny, vtec, turbo. but i think the selling point for me is the tq to start with. owell right now the entire thing is in limo cause of bills.

just saw this thread online and thought i would sign up..

i had a b18b that i cracked a block on and when i swapped it with a b20 i found it almost with less power overall and since the engine is a bigger/heavier engine the torque didnt even seem more than my old engine, for some reason it wasnt as peppy. i also had a bad experience with that b20, i took my car (96 integra) to the track last friday after i had the new engine for a week (under 50k on the engine), and blew my engine after only 5 runs, so i would go with b18 just from what i hear at the track that there more reliable, although i had a bad experience so this could be bias on my behalf

just saw this thread online and thought i would sign up..

i had a b18b that i cracked a block on and when i swapped it with a b20 i found it almost with less power overall and since the engine is a bigger/heavier engine the torque didnt even seem more than my old engine, for some reason it wasnt as peppy. i also had a bad experience with that b20, i took my car (96 integra) to the track last friday after i had the new engine for a week (under 50k on the engine), and blew my engine after only 5 runs, so i would go with b18 just from what i hear at the track that there more reliable, although i had a bad experience so this could be bias on my behalf

B18b/B20b/z are the same block, just the B20 has a larger bore. Larger bore=less metal in block=lighter if anything. Sounds like something was wrong with your B20, engines don't blow just because you race them.

Sounds like something was wrong with your B20, engines don't blow just because you race them.

:werd:

It sounds like something was wrong with the engine you got. There isn't enough of a weight difference between those two engines to negate the B20's additional torque. Theoretically, the B20 should be quicker...

Back