b18 vs h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not once did he say 400hp ALL-MOTOR LS.... you really need to quit reading bits and pieces

:headsmash:

this dude is not listening and only selecting tiny parts of what people are saying to argue about. its a lost cause, you guys might as well give up on trying to correct his ass. he already knows it all anyways.

and to answer the OPs question, i agree that a b18 swap is much easier and more cost effective than a h22.

ok, here is my 2cents
If it were me i would go with the B series any day of the week
I beleive it is a more reliable engine, stronger engine, 30ish lbs lighter, and more aftermarket suport. But thats just me

EVEN STILL, as a base number that's MORE then you're getting at the wheel for an ITR or CTR, so props granted to you on the Douche-Move correction, but the fact that the H's output to the wheel in base is higher then the others under the same circumstance..

Excuse me? Please expound upon how I was a "douche" to you. You were WRONG. That is a FACT. I corrected you, and I did it tactfully. I didn't call you an idiot or a moron, and I didn't make a big deal out of it. I just corrected you so that anyone reading this thread will get the CORRECT information.

If you consider what I did to be a "douche-move", then YOU are the one with the attitude problem, more specifically, you need to check your massive ego...

It's speculation, that would depend TOTALLY on the prices in his area against the charge for labor..if he's doing Labor himself that would DRASTICALLY cut the price down and yet again make the H look like an appealing swap. HERE you can get a JDM H22 motor no trans for not even a stack, and that's IF you go BUY it from one of several local engine depot's, Private sellers in this area are SHITTING H-blocks becuase they prefer B's or K's, which makes them even EASIER to attain..

Yes, which is why I said that an H22 swap MAY end up being more expensive then a B swap, with the word "may" meaning "maybe", or "possibly". Once again, I was just trying to provide some perspective that you didn't for anyone else who happens to be reading this. Yes, if you were to shop around and buy an engine locally and install it yourself, you may be able to get a better deal on it, but that's not necessarily true if you were to compare the cost of a full H22 swap purchased from an engine importer (engine, mounts, labor, etc.) to a B swap purchased in the same manner.

Not everyone is going to have the know-how to install an engine themselves and/or access to a bunch of cheap engines locally, so I just wanted to provide some additional insights on this issue. Once again, if you find the fact that someone else would provide a different perspective then yours offensive, then you need to step back and check your ego...

TYPICALLY...if you take two motors..one with 120 at the wheel and another with 170 at the wheel before mods..and DO THE SAME BOLT ON for each motor while tuning them to their unique characteristics, the Motor with the HIGHER BASE will logically MAINTAIN the margin between them, and the max potential on BIGGER displacement motors superceed those of the smaller, if that was the case nobody would be attempting to BORE their 1.8's to 2.0's or their 2.0's out to 2.2's..DISPLACEMENT will ALWAYS equal more power and more power potential.

I completely agree with you if we're talking about a bolt-on enhanced B versus a bolt-on enhanced H, but, as Reikoshea pointed out, you did NOT specify what you were talking about, you simply stated that it's much easier to make big power on an H22 as opposed to a B-series engine. That could mean anything...boost, nitrous, N/A, etc. My point was that the sleeves on a B-series engine are more stout and can hold up to more boost then an H22's can, so for anyone interested in forced induction, the B-series may be a better choice.

Take a typical H22 and give it a header, intake, and exhaust, and you'd still be lucky to break 200 wheel horses on a dyno. Take a B18C and give it a turbo, and you can make 250 wheel horses fairly reliably.

Also, since we're at it, an H22 swap is NOT as easily tune-able as a K-series swap. It actually is possible to make 250 wheel horses on a K with simple bolt-ons and tuning. That's NOT going to happen with an H22.

You just need to chill out man. As was previously stated, the purpose of this site is to provide information. If you're going to take offense anytime someone offers a differing opinion or corrects you on information that's simply FALSE, then we'd prefer to not have you posting here.

Like I said, just chill out, and everything will be good. Alright?

Excuse me? Please expound upon how I was a "douche" to you. You were WRONG. That is a FACT. I corrected you, and I did it tactfully. I didn't call you an idiot or a moron, and I didn't make a big deal out of it. I just corrected you so that anyone reading this thread will get the CORRECT information.

If you consider what I did to be a "douche-move", then YOU are the one with the attitude problem, more specifically, you need to check your massive ego...

Yes, which is why I said that an H22 swap MAY end up being more expensive then a B swap, with the word "may" meaning "maybe", or "possibly". Once again, I was just trying to provide some perspective that you didn't for anyone else who happens to be reading this. Yes, if you were to shop around and buy an engine locally and install it yourself, you may be able to get a better deal on it, but that's not necessarily true if you were to compare the cost of a full H22 swap purchased from an engine importer (engine, mounts, labor, etc.) to a B swap purchased in the same manner.

Not everyone is going to have the know-how to install an engine themselves and/or access to a bunch of cheap engines locally, so I just wanted to provide some additional insights on this issue. Once again, if you find the fact that someone else would provide a different perspective then yours offensive, then you need to step back and check your ego...

I completely agree with you if we're talking about a bolt-on enhanced B versus a bolt-on enhanced H, but, as Reikoshea pointed out, you did NOT specify what you were talking about, you simply stated that it's much easier to make big power on an H22 as opposed to a B-series engine. That could mean anything...boost, nitrous, N/A, etc. My point was that the sleeves on a B-series engine are more stout and can hold up to more boost then an H22's can, so for anyone interested in forced induction, the B-series may be a better choice.

Take a typical H22 and give it a header, intake, and exhaust, and you'd still be lucky to break 200 wheel horses on a dyno. Take a B18C and give it a turbo, and you can make 250 wheel horses fairly reliably.

Also, since we're at it, an H22 swap is NOT as easily tune-able as a K-series swap. It actually is possible to make 250 wheel horses on a K with simple bolt-ons and tuning. That's NOT going to happen with an H22.

You just need to chill out man. As was previously stated, the purpose of this site is to provide information. If you're going to take offense anytime someone offers a differing opinion or corrects you on information that's simply FALSE, then we'd prefer to not have you posting here.

Like I said, just chill out, and everything will be good. Alright?

I just didn't like the way you came off....Simple as that. But I'm with you, I'm not here to argue at all so with that I nod and am officially OFF it...happy posting and merry christmas!

bottom line stock vs stock the h22 will go faster and make more power, once you start modding it that all goes out the window, its anyone's game at that point. price also goes out the window right off the bat some ppl can do a swap for cheap some cant. so all you need to figure out is your long term goal if you want a stock motor thats gona be just that or do you want to start modding it.

I just didn't like the way you came off....Simple as that. But I'm with you, I'm not here to argue at all so with that I nod and am officially OFF it...happy posting and merry christmas!

Fair enough! :D

bottom line stock vs stock the h22 will go faster and make more power, once you start modding it that all goes out the window, its anyone's game at that point. price also goes out the window right off the bat some ppl can do a swap for cheap some cant. so all you need to figure out is your long term goal if you want a stock motor thats gona be just that or do you want to start modding it.

Great summary! Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup:

I'll more likely find a 24 karat turd lying around than find a cheap b series, h series is abundant and far cheaper

Back