b18 wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spinninhonda

cmon help me out, wiring is perfect its a crx dx with a b18, im getting fuel, spark, and compression, its not timing, what the heck could it be

fuel pressure 45, no less then 209 in all cylinders, injector 1 to a1 inj. 2 to a3 inj. 3 to a5 inj.4 to a7 ground all injectors to integra resistor box ran red wire from inj res box to a15, moved c1 an c2 to b10 an b12 and ran the blu/grn and blu/yllw to c1 an c2, all hoses and sensors pluged, and switched tps wires on ends with extension and eacv, i am out of idieas on this, any help would be great

bump this up, i know you have all read it, cmon im ready to go whoop up on some stangs

has to be timing. #10 code is ur IAT sensor. fix all codes on ur ecu then troubleshoot. IAT code can be hiding somthing else.

Ok if you really want it to start make sure you hear the fuel pump prime when your in the car. To make sure this happens watch when you turn the car to the on position. The check engine light should come on for 3 seconds. During that 3 seconds hear for the wine in the back. Its not really a whine but its a hum. Then if you ahve all that working. Then full throttle the sucker and let him have it. just keep trying to start and if you start bhearing coughs and it still doesen't start your spark plugs are not installed right.

MAKE SURE IT LOOKS LIKE THIS

IMG_0005.jpg

If it still doesen't start then make sure your vacuum hoses are connected right. Once it starts it will probably be throwing codes all over the place. Also check each spark plug for power by using a wire tester.

Also you can't really see how the wires are plugged into the distributor except for maybe the 3rd one. But just trying to help you out. Hey guys help him out with a distributor chart of which plug goes where.

It may be a stupid suggestion but.....

I had the same problem a while back. After swapping a replacement engine in my hatch. I checked everything and it all looked good could not figure it out for a day and gave up. Next day went at it again. My problem turned out to be a loose ground wire on the thremostat housing. It was on just not tight.
:confused:
It's not to say that your as dumb as I am, but check your grounds and wiring. Never hurts to double check. :D

ji am telling you i have checked for 3 days straight now, no loose anything anywhere, and those grounds where the first thing i checked, but thanks for the support

Ok if it sparks on occasion check those ignitor wires throughly. If you put on the obd0 distributor. If you confused those two white wires that can be your spark issue. Me and my friend was arguin bout that for a good 5 min and then I switched the wires. He kept the throttle wide open and I just started the car. TRY THAT

ok, well the firing order is correct, i have switched the 2 white wire once b4, but i will deff tryu tat in the mornin, kids are asleep, so now my battery is junk, and the ecu was stolen, so im going to have to go get a new pr4 and batt. but im deff going to change those wires again and try that, never leave the doors to a non running car unlocked in your driveway even w/o a radio they take the first shiny thing they see

Back