b18_? for a 88 crx dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
i have looked and serched all over the web looking for the the best motor to put in to my crx. i had my mind set on the dohc zc for about 6 months but then i starting thinking about down the road for turbo or vtec. so i started looking for a b18a. everyone has their own opions about what motor to put in. another factor is the obd. schould i buy an obd adapter to get a obd 1 or odb 2.
any reply will help thanx.

If you do the ZC swap it will be a decently fast car, and beleive it or not their is alot of aftermarket parts for it. Their are also many turbo kits to buy or make if your up to it. You can always go LS as well but anything better than the ZC you'r looking at mounts, shift linkage, harness adapters, and BC powder(ha ha)

1st off u need to tell me what kinda car u have DX/CX = DPI HF/Si=mpfi
all the engines u will swap need to have mpfi.
hey man, B18a is a great engine, it has its downfalls but so do any other engine

B18a Great torquelacks hp after 3rd gear great 4 boost, obd0
B16a Great HP lacks torque, moderately priced obd0
b18c1 good hp and torque but expensive and obd1-2

i suggest going b18a or b16a, any B block will be alot easier to find parts for and much faster than any D-series block, but in our ef's this power requires more work than throwing in a ZC

for a b18a, u will need b-series into ef mounts, integra shift linkage and tranny, integra axels/intermediate shaft, integra clutch cable and speedo cable, as well as the motor. u gotta dent frame on drivers side, put in mounts then it all plugs into Si harness. for the b16a same proceedure but u gotta run a few wires for vtec. if u wonder about anything on theb18a swap, theres a list of me taking a guy through the swap Here!
so read that and u should know much more about the swap.

Back