1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18a block with a CRV Head

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Nyquil, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Nyquil

Nyquil New Member

I might be getting a teg that comes with a CRV head as an extra since theirs a misfire in cylinders 1 and 2 and expected head trouble. Will the CRV head bolt right on without any powerloss/complications?

2. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

It's pretty much thae same head. I'm not sure which camshafts are more aggressive but that would be the only power loss I would forsee. And that could be corrected by simply swapping them. And just make sure you use the intake manifold that's on the car now. The CRV one is rediculously hideous and I don't think would even allow you to close the hood.

3. Nyquil

Nyquil New Member

Thanks, Know any cheap place in the tri-state area I can pick up a gasket set and some injectors?

4. Nyquil

Nyquil New Member

Also if I took the complete head/intake manifold from a B16 93 civic dx which is a vtec head and just didnt hook up the vtec would their be any problems? any extra parts I would need or direct bolt-in? I want to make my engine ls/vtec at a later date but I would rather do that up at school where I have an entire shop.

5. Nyquil

Nyquil New Member

Thanks im just going with the CRV head I appreciate all the answers

6. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

Completely forgot about that.

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I think the P8R is the only one that has the 84mm combustion chamber- otherwise the B20 head should be the same 81mm size as the rest of the B18 heads. If you do have the 84mm combustion chamber head, do NOT use it on the 81mm bore! Don't toss the P8R head if you have it though- it's very sought after in the non-VTEC community.

8. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

:yes:

a set of calipers will help you determine the CC diameter. the b20z head is the same as the b18b head, just different cams.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted