B18a clutch release problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

baruba

Before dropping the motor I installed an act flywheel, clutch and pressure plate.
As soon as I bolted the tranny and motor together i checked the release arm to see how stiff it will be... it seemed to be very easy to move.
I compared to the zctranny I pulled out and they were similar so I figure everything is OK.
But now when I press the pedal it just plops down to the floor with very little effort, this is a extreme pressure plate so it should pretty damn stiff.
:huh: I have no idea what is going on please help.

Not to be a dick, but is the Cable connected and adjusted accordingly? I dontknow, I have an automatic... :NOTFORLONGTHOUGH: :D I hope I helped ya'

i have the same problem with my B16/s1...i dont know exactly,but i have been told that i need to replace the clutch and bearings,there are a couple small parts in the tranny connected to that arm,i think its a clutch fork spring and bracket but im not sure what the problem is...i would like to know also

well the clutch and release bearing are fine becuase they are all new,
heres what i did, pulled out my sohc zc/si tranny...installed teh ACT flywheel, extremepressureplate and SS clutch disc all to torque spec (maybe a couple pnds over spec :roll: ).....attached teh trannycase to the b18a.....as soon as they were together i tried pulling up teh clutch lever and it moved very easy, i was worried so i checked teh lever on the Si i just pulled out and it was similar so i went ahead and dropped the motor into the crx... as soon as everything was connected (including teh clutch cabel with just a teeny bit of slack) i hopped inside and pressed teh clutch pedal... PLOP it just ploped tot eh floor with no effort WTF is going on?!
what would help me right now is if someone could tell me
HOW HARD IS IT TO PULL UP THE CLUTCH LEVER BY HAND???
thanks
if you only knew the b.s. ive gone through to do this fairly simple swap and now this... <_<

you have the same problem as me,so if i find out anything ill let you know.could you do the same?if its not the clutch itself then what else could the problem be?

Sounds to me like the bolt holding the release fork to the release shaft was not installed. When you push the clutch the release arm that the cable is attached to moves, but the shift fork doesn't.. check to see if the clutch is releasing when depreased....ie. put it in gear and try to rotate the axel.

when the motor is running i cant put it into any gear but when the motor is off i can,somone told me that the clutch is engaged.so what do i do next?can i pull up on the clutch arm until something happens?...cuz when i get in the car and push the clutch pedal it just goes to the floor without much effort

you can't get it in gear while it's running because the clutch is engaged. If the bolt is missing that holds the fork to the shaft (and it sure sounds like that to me), you will have to remove the trans :( , and reassemble the clutch shaft and release fork properly. Look in your manual for some illistrations of the pieces in question. Wish I had better news.

I was just pulling on teh slack after that I pulled real hard
:lol: and it went up some more disengaged the clutch, thatnks for trying to help. and the new clutch setup feels very nice and STIFF!

Back