B18A for my 91 DX Hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NexGen91

Ok Im planing on doing a b18a swap into my 91 dx civic hatchback. i know i need the engine :) but what else do I need to get? will my stock trans mount up to the b18a? i need as much info as possable. also if anyone has a good deal on a low milage engine plus other parts if you got them please let me know. thanks
matt

no you need a b-series cable tranny get a b16 tranny if possible if you don't plan on boosting but if you do just stick with the b18

i know i need the engine, ecu, b18 tranny, mounts, and shift linkage. what else do i need? how do i wire the whole thing. btw is a ex wiring harness like a si wiring harness bcause i have one out of a 89 ex with resistor box.

Dont just assume any old B18 transmission will work, some are Hydrolic some are Cable like your EF is. As far as waht you mentioned other than a new timing belt, and water pump, starter alternator you should be fine. you dont have to change the starter or alternator it's just easier with the engine out of the car. However the timing belt nad water pump is a must

Back