b18a in 94 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i know this has probly been asked 100 times but what all would it take to get my b18a and ls trans into a 94 civic dx d15 auto? obvously linkage and all for tranny but what else for the engine? thanx

oh and and axles and shift linkage but i tell you what noob next time search, its only in here about 5000 times lazy

ok so guess im not getting any answers. i went threw all the threads in this category and nothing about what i need to get the b18 going. thanx guys

Last edited:
Try searching. this has been done to death.

Motor, trans, mounts, linkage, some wiring needs to be done. Like 6 wires or so.

Iam not sure if you have to do a MPFI swap or not. But mainly its a few wires on the ecu need to be swapted and some wires for the dizy need to be moved to match the plug.

Go to rywire.com and then you wont have to do wire switching.

Really now B series swaps are simple stupid. do a search and dont just look at one page read everything on the swaps. Read up on peoples swaps and learn something in stead of people telling you what to do.

:werd:

This is really a simple task....If its a complete swap over ( of having everything ) including the mounts....its a slap on with a few wirings....

NOT to be out of range, took me 1 whole day morning to night from swapping a d16z6 to a b18c1...into a 94 civic ex...slap on using the original ex harness just had to wire the knock sensor thats about it....

Note: Do it yourself, learn from the mistakes, you'll do better next time....:rolleyes:
good luck...

simple things will be problems,
since the b18a1 is obd-0 while your car is obd-1 search about this one.
auto to manual is intensive enough it's worth the work to keep it auto.

lol if you want Manual... I would sugges selling your car and finding the same one in manual.. I've heard its quite difficult to change tranny type... especially if your not entireally sure of what your doing.

Linkage/shifter assy, pedal assy, the clutch should be hydraulic in that car so you'd need the master cylinder/lines/slave cylinder on the trans. You will probably need an ECU too, but if you're getting the whole changeover that will come with it. I think I might be missing a couple things, but that's the majority of it. The wiring should be about the same.

Back