B18A in CRX HF, WONT START!!!!!!!!&#33

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CReX123

Ok, Here we go, 88 CRX HF with B18A1 Motor in it. Everything is connected, hooked up and everything. Brand New Distributor just put on, Got a skunk2 manifold on it, Edelbrock Throttle Body, Headers, ACT Clutch, da da da da da. I have an automatic ls ECU in there for now. When i turn the key, The engine will turn over, But i dont get Spark or Fuel. What the hell do i do??? Im stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. Ive been trying to figure out what the fuck the problem is for a while now, and no luck. I dont understand why im getting no Fuel or spark, Its fucking annoying, and i really want my car to run. So anyone who has some suggestions, Please let me know, I NEED HELP, HELP ME!!!!! Thanks for any suggestions.

oh and if it makes a difference, I got a B16 Tranny and Lightened main pulley. oh and got a brand new alternator also.

Originally posted by CReX123@Jul 30 2004, 09:54 AM
Its a 90-91 Automatic LS.
[post=370312]Quoted post[/post]​

You didnt by chance swap out the hf engine harness for a Si did you? Even though they plug in perfectly, the pins are in different locations between the shock tower harness and a Si engine harness.. dont ask how i know..lol. Also make sure you have the engine harness ground connected on the thermostat housing.

Originally posted by Tbone+Jul 30 2004, 11:22 AM-->
@Jul 30 2004, 09:54 AM
Its a 90-91 Automatic LS.
[post=370312]Quoted post[/post]​

You didnt by chance swap out the hf engine harness for a Si did you? Even though they plug in perfectly, the pins are in different locations between the shock tower harness and a Si engine harness.. dont ask how i know..lol. Also make sure you have the engine harness ground connected on the thermostat housing.
[post=370333]Quoted post[/post]​

I have the HF harness hooked up to everything. Also I dont have a ground coming out of the harness, I have a new ground with 8 Gauge wire going from the thermostat housing to the ground on the battery. So what is your suggestion? are you saying i need an SI harness??? or the HF one is fine?

Originally posted by rushcrx@Jul 31 2004, 11:03 AM
Having the same problem b18a in a 89 crx hf. SOMEBODY HELP :D Welll i just dont have spark.
[post=370740]Quoted post[/post]​

The actual engine harness has its own ground loop that connects to the ground on the thermostat housing area, if its not connected you wont have groiunds to half the sensors in the harness and the car wont run.

Well, I think that my wiring harness is missing a few things, So that is probably the problem. If i have an HF do i need another HF harness, Or can i put in an SI harness?????

do not use the si harness(like t-bone said)....have you removed your main relay and thourgly checked it? do you hear your fuel pump run when you turn on the key?is there spark? it could be a multiplicity of things that would cause it not to start....are you throwing any codes????give us some more detailed information and a more detailed analysis can be given.....

As I said at the beginning of the thread, I have no spark or fuel, When i turn the car on, I dont hear the fuel pump turn on, I checked the filter, and there is no gas in the filter. So im getting neither spark nor fuel. I replaced the distributor with a brand new one, so thats not the problem. I havent checked the main relay yet, But im going to. So i dont know what the heck the problem is yet.

Originally posted by CReX123@Aug 2 2004, 12:28 PM
As I said at the beginning of the thread, I have no spark or fuel, When i turn the car on, I dont hear the fuel pump turn on, I checked the filter, and there is no gas in the filter. So im getting neither spark nor fuel. I replaced the distributor with a brand new one, so thats not the problem. I havent checked the main relay yet, But im going to. So i dont know what the heck the problem is yet.
[post=371497]Quoted post[/post]​

id definetly check that main relay then....because it controls the fuel pump kicking on...it could cause the no spark situation...but more than likely that could be an ignitor......but if you have a new distributor thats doubtful..

you can use the si harness if you move the ignitor wire from the passenger(si harness) to the drivers(main hf harness) side shock tower

-joseph

edit:: did the car run before you put the motor in? there is a ground on the harness like tbone said

Yes, The Car ran before I took the stock motor out. It never went anywhere because the clutch was blown. I bought it for 400 bucks, it was a pretty good deal actually. Its funny because I payed the kid 200 bucks to hold it for me, and then I went there to look at it and this shit is in mint condition, so i was like GREAT, But the catch was that he had no key because it was a abandoned car and nobody had the key, so i had to somehow get a new key. So i go there to look at it, i get in the drivers seat, I look around, look under the mat and BOOM theres the key. HAHAHHA, The kid was pissed because he would have sold it for more if he had the key. WHAT A STEAL!!!!!
But anyway, Back to the task at hand, I think it might be the wiring harness, because I see no ground coming out of the wiring harness for the thermostat, and its probably not there because the wiring harness was pretty flimsy and old and rotted and shit, and i had to get a few sensors to splice back onto the harness. So i still have to check the main relay, and if thats not it then i will KNOW its the harness. ANYBODY HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??????

yea that ground is the main ecu ground, thats the stock harness right?, ill try to get pics tomarrow

Back