B18A in my 5th gen civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Canuck 93 Civic Si

I read in a previos post that if i put a obd 1 intake manifold and tb on a b18a, it would work fine with my stock wiring harness and ecu. Is this true first off? Secondly, with the new intake manifold will the engine poduce the 140 hp of the b18b? or is there more differences between the two engines other then that? Will i need to install a knock sensor? Are there any suggestions that anyone can give me about the swap. I know it is not a recommended swap and i will be getting a hydro tranny for it enstead of the stock cable tranny. The only reason i am considering this is because i can get a good b18a for really cheap.

Let me know you thaughts. Thanks

I would hate to say that is on track, but it sounds right to me, of course it is late, but yes that sounds good. Add correct distributor to the list and it sounds golden.

you also need a newer ser of cams from the newer motors. i know what this swap inolves and its a pain in the ass. ou also have to get a different set of motor mounts and brackets, because the motor mounts are different on the first and 2nd gen teg's.

another reason the b18a makes less power is because its valves are 9.7mm and the b18b are 10mm.

and if your upgrading you tranny anyway i say go with a gsr thats what i am going to use.

you can get either obd1 or 2 for your intake maniflod and throttle body. also on the block there is a couple of extra sensors you don't need but the holes can be used if your going ls vtec.

make sure to get the correct obd distributor, and you should be able to use your stock wiring harness, and your stock map sensor and tps.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Jul 6 2003, 12:47 PM
you also need a newer ser of cams from the newer motors. i know what this swap inolves and its a pain in the ass. ou also have to get a different set of motor mounts and brackets, because the motor mounts are different on the first and 2nd gen teg's.

another reason the b18a makes less power is because its valves are 9.7mm and the b18b are 10mm.

and if your upgrading you tranny anyway i say go with a gsr thats what i am going to use.

you can get either obd1 or 2 for your intake maniflod and throttle body. also on the block there is a couple of extra sensors you don't need but the holes can be used if your going ls vtec.

make sure to get the correct obd distributor, and you should be able to use your stock wiring harness, and your stock map sensor and tps.

why would u have to change the cams to ones from a newer motor? Doesnt make any sense.....

I think he means to get the 140 hp out of the engine. As for the motor mounts, what car do i pull them out of?

if u have a obd 0 b18a ill trade u the ecu dizzy and injectors for my obd1 stuff..
92-93 b18a is obd1 90-91 is obd0 and the obd1 92-93 makes 142hp

if you go with a better gearing tranny you will also like it better and your slips will also.

Milan

Originally posted by smashed4thgen@Jul 7 2003, 10:56 PM
if u have a obd 0 b18a ill trade u the ecu dizzy and injectors for my obd1 stuff..
92-93 b18a is obd1 90-91 is obd0 and the obd1 92-93 makes 142hp

Sounds good, I still have to go and check out the stuff i may just buy the whole car off this guy but ill let you know.

Back