b18a in to a 91 crx????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jordan

ok i am about to help a friend of mine at work swap a b18 in his crx. i need some info on some things i am gonna need so if anyone has a link to a step by step swap guide let me know. the basics i need to know are what mounts to use what axles and which shift linkage. i have a lot of obd0 parts left from my b18 a that i converted to obd1 when i put it in my civic. i just need to know if there are stock mounts i can use or if i need to order the kit from hasport. thanks. also if anyone has any of these parts i am gonna need for sale let me know. thanks again.

Originally posted by jordan@Jul 27 2004, 09:47 PM
ok i am about to help a friend of mine at work swap a b18 in his crx. i need some info on some things i am gonna need so if anyone has a link to a step by step swap guide let me know. the basics i need to know are what mounts to use what axles and which shift linkage. i have a lot of obd0 parts left from my b18 a that i converted to obd1 when i put it in my civic. i just need to know if there are stock mounts i can use or if i need to order the kit from hasport. thanks. also if anyone has any of these parts i am gonna need for sale let me know. thanks again.
[post=369065]Quoted post[/post]​

i have the axles you need they are frrom an 88-91 integra, also i have cut and weld linkage to, and the motor if you need that lat me know

brett

You will need B-Series mounts for the CRX as well as the Shift linkage. Many companies make these products such as Hasport, Avid, Place Racing, JDMShit, ect. Just look for them. But try to get the mounts and linkage from the same company, because some companys mounts position the motor differently and then your shift linkage wont line up. Use 90-91 Integra Axles and Intermediate shaft, or if you got the B16 axles and I-Shaft, you can use those. Also, depending on what model CRX your friend has(HF,DX,Si) he may need to swap the hubs. But only if it is an HF. If it is a DX, or Si he will be fine. If it is an HF or Si, you can use the stock wiring harness, if it is a DX, he will need to convert the DPFI to MPFI. All he needs to do if that is the case is get an HF or Si harness and Injector Resistor Box. Hope this helps and good luck on the swap. :thumbsup:

the hybrid axles you need for this swap is that just for crx's or does that apply to civic's to because i am also doing that swap soon except into a civic si and i read on another post that i could use stock 90 axles

Originally posted by 90siTuner@Jul 28 2004, 06:03 AM
the hybrid axles you need for this swap is that just for crx's or does that apply to civic's to because i am also doing that swap soon except into a civic si and i read on another post that i could use stock 90 axles
[post=369189]Quoted post[/post]​

yes that applies to 88-91 civic's as well!!

<_< no there is no stock mounts you can use you have to buy "conversion" mounts from such companies as stated before!!! I suggest hasport the hold my b18 nicely and everything lines up beautifully!!!

word.

shouldnt the b18a wiring harness plug right in. since it is obd0 just have to switch ecu's correct?

What model CRX does he have?? HF, DX, or Si? If it is an HF or Si, he can use his stock harness. Just needs the teg ECU. If his CRX is a DX, he will need an injector resistor box from either the teg or an HF or Si, and the harness from the teg, an HF or Si CRX.

WORLD, i also read somewhere else that the axles you can use for the application depends upon the motormounts you use and the way the motor lines up. so it could be the that the hasport kit needs hybrids and other mounts like place racing or avid 90 axels can be used. at least i think?

well i'm useing hasport mounts with my B18c. and i'm useing 90 integra ls axles. i just had to take out the a metal clip on the hubs!!

Back