b18a into 91 dx hatch ..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMaznKID

so i picked up a 90 da from my friend for 300 bucks. full car in running condition. i thought it was such a good deal to pass up so i bought it. the car has a b18a in it and i wanted to swap it into my 91 dx hatchh. thing is ... the teg is an automatic. can i still use that motor and ecu ?

thanks, u gave me hope lol so basic rundown is get an mpfi ecu and convert to mpfi, b series trans, b series shift linkage, da axles, mounts and the motor itself right ? tell me if im missin anything else to do the swap

Ok Ima break it down.
Motor/tranny
ecu
stock engine harness from the civic convert to mpfi
innovative or hasport motor mounts for a b18 ef swap or you can be cheap and get eBay I recommend not to
axles and intermedate shaft and bolts for the shaft
if your hatch is a 4 speed you need to get 5 speed hubs and not 4 speed/hf
shift linkage I used the da linkage cut it turned and welled it back together(it to long and stock one is to short) or buy hasport one innovative I heard needs modified to
you need down pipe from your da and fitted to your exhaust I'd save your exhaust system from the da and take it to a shop and have them fit it up I did mine myself
https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/dpfi-mpfi-writeup-49557/
use the first post for your wiring

lol yeah no prob figured it would make it easier also you can use the stock RAD but you need to modified to get the hoses to fit right because the teg ones are bigger the civic ones are smaller me i just used the RAD from the teg

Back