B18A into 92-95 civic 4dr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CivicLS

hey guys, im helping a friend out with this swap, hes got the 92 integra and a 93 4dr civic, i know the wires are diffrent, and the tranny is cable, can handle that but, what my problem is, WILL THE SHIFT LINKAGE WORK< AND THE MAIN MOTOR MOUNTS TOO??
because i can get everything else done, but i just dont want him to buy the shift linkage and the mounts if its not needed.
the SOHC we spuned a bearing, on it, because we ran too much comp. we did a mini me swap d16y8 head onto a d15b7 block. it ran good as F***. but too bad nothing was done to the bottom end early enough.
PLEASE SOME ONE HELP OUT!!!

You should save your self the trouble and get a hydro tranny. You will need custom mounts, from either hasport or something.

the linkages will not work get those from hasport along with the mounts as well.

i got a cable tranny in my 92 4dr, also a b18 but b18B, and its runinng good, thats why i tell him not to chnage it, and it has a new clutch, on the one hes getting.
so for sure the linkage wont work then.?
thank you.
and the tranny mount also, or will it bolt on, or is it way off.?
THanx!

no dude you need to buy the mount kit from a hasport or place racing etc...

why did you keep the cable, hydro trannies are superior.

i kept tranny because it has short gears perfect for 1/4 mile race. and i love the way the stock clutch works on it.
i think cable is much better response than hydro.
oh and i dont have $$$ to replace right now.
same goes for my friend.
Thank you for the motormount info.

Back