b18a into a 94 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm94ex

i blew the motor in my civic and i can get a b18a for 300$ i was wondering what i need as in mounts and what i need to do to keep it obd 1

You can use any mounts (hasport, avid, etc...) that convert 92-95 civic to B-series. Same mounts for the B16A, B18A, B18C... Also, you'll need new shift linkage, tranny, and axles...

As for keeping it OBD-1, the engine is already OBD-1, so you can use your stock ECU. You'll get a check engine light for the Vtec pressure switch or Vtec soleniod because your "EX" ecu is looking for vtec, and not finding it. You can just get an ECU out of a 92-95 Integra LS...

Good luck with your swap!

why go through avid or hasport and pay like 450 for mounts? cant you just use some mounts off any b series motor, that was in a civic, uhh so a b16. just get some mounts for a civic with a b16. prolly spend a lot less than some billit/urathane peices. or am i wrong? i seem right dont i? lol

yea because i dont fee like gettin raped for some mounts i just want a motor in it lol

Back