B18a Into Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

volleyd13

I know that some Del sols come with B series engines, I was just wondering if there are certain engine mount differences between the models of Del sols. For instance, is a Si's engine mounts located in a different position from your ex model? Also, I would love to see some pics of people who have already done this swap! Thanks

dont bother with the B18A
you have a hydro cluth it has a cable clutch
you need an OBD-1 or 2 engine
you can get an OBD-1 B18A but they arent as common as the OBD-0 ones
an OBD-0 engine in that car will be a pain in the ass to wire up the plugs are different and it doesnt have all of the sensors that your car will look for so you will be throwing codes all over the place and wont run right

just get a B18B OBD-1 or 2 (its better to have too many sensors and not use them then not have enough and run like shit because of it)

so the first question is what year is the del sol (this will determine what OBD you have)

and as far as mounts go you can ust the ones from a 3rd gen integra they are in the same place but the D and B series mounts themselves are different

if he were to use a b18a the only things he would have to change would be the injectors and distributor. all of the other sensors are the same. and the b18a will bolt upn to any hydro b series tranny. if you are goin to take his advice and search for a b18b, i would recommend just spending the money to do a b20b. just a thought

Back