B18A need help with if everything done right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smokey345

SwAp CrAzY
B18A EF Have A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS

First Question: I need help with the wiring. I have a red wire and a yellow wire to the ecu. Which fuel injector wire is for which injector. What injector is the red for and what injector is the yellow for because I know they may not be exactly the same in the wiring harness to the ecu. I know those two wires are either on A1, A3, A5, or A7.

Second Question: There is a green plug in the back of the block on the b18A that is green however on the d15b block it does not have that plug there. There is a green plug on the d15 harness though does that plug into it???

Third Question: Can I run the engine without axles when I first start it?

I noe I got mad questions but its the only way to make sure I donb't make a mistake

Fourth Question. I didn't change the pistons or anything but I did clean off the pistons to the metal. I know that lowered compression. How long will it take for that carbon to build back up.

Fifth question: What exhaust should I run with the car. What converter will fit. Then what piping towards the back will fit. I have the stock muffler with the ef that I want to run because cops get you for a exhaust that looks altered.

Last edited:
1. i dont know, i skipped that with my si. go to the swap info forum on the hs home page. or search, you should find it.
2. if theres no other place for that green plug then you can try it. if it trips a code then you know its wrong. but usually green goes with green.
3. yes, but dont try to drive it. lol.
4. really depends. probably a good little while
5. just use the stock exhaust and cat. with a stock motor you dont need a fat pipe or anything.

First Question: I need help with the wiring. I have a red wire and a yellow wire to the ecu. Which fuel injector wire is for which injector. What injector is the red for and what injector is the yellow for because I know they may not be exactly the same in the wiring harness to the ecu. I know those two wires are either on A1, A3, A5, or A7.

Second Question: There is a green plug in the back of the block on the b18A that is green however on the d15b block it does not have that plug there. There is a green plug on the d15 harness though does that plug into it???
the DPFI has a red wire from the main injector to the ECU - this wire splits inside the harness and becomes 2 wires with one going to ECU pin A5 and one going to ECU pin A7 - it also has a yellow wire from the auxilary injector to the ECU - this wire splits inside the harness and becomes 2 wires with one going to ECU pin A1 and one going to ECU pin A3 - the ECU pin A1 is for the #1 injector which has a brown wire, A3 is for #2 injector which has a red wire, A5 is for #3 injector which has a light blue wire and A7 is for #4 injector which has a yellow wire - since ECU pin A1 runs injector #1, you need to connect the yellow wire from the aux. injector to the brown wire at injector #1 - you need to cut the second yellow wire at ECU pin A3 - likewise, since ECU pin A5 runs injector #3, you need to connect the red wire from the main injector to the light blue wire at injector #3 - you need to cut the second red wire at ECU pin A7 - connect a new wire from the portion of the wire remaining in the connector at ECU pin A3 to the red wire at injector #2 and connect a new wire from the portion remaining in the connector at ECU pin A7 to the yellow wire at injector #4

the green connector on the back of the B18 block is the oil temperature sensor and is wired into the cooling fan relay on the Integra - it isn't used when installing the B18 in the EF/ED cars

the green connector on the DPFI harness (if it is the green one with 2 wires, one black with yellow stripe and one blue with yellow stripe) is the connector for the EACV

That explanation helped a lot. Now I really know what to do. That was what I needed to know. Also I bought a 90-91 integra clutch kit and it doesen't fit my integra. I didn't know I had a 92-93 transmission.

Back