b18a or b18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

emomelodic

so i have a chance to get a b18a block and a gsr head for cheap, to start the ls vtec swap.. do you reccomend it?
anyone know exactly everything you need for the swap to get it going in a 94 civic asap?
ecu..harness..linkage..gaskets...clutch..flywheel..tranny...what else?
thanks

another question... which isbetter for ls vtec
the b18b, b18a or the b20?

no you dont
just use a chipped P28
get the thing tuned and use good gas

:werd:

knock sensors suck.

ecu - chipped p28 or p30
harness - use your stock harness
linkage - LS or GSR
gaskets - i dunno...i would assume b-series gaskets.
clutch - Exedy stage 2 (Exedy is the bomb diggity)
flywheel - any b-series will work
tranny - same as flywheel (dont get an ls tranny)
what else - youre gonna have to get the head converted, as well as get an oil line kit. getting the head converted usually runs around $60, and the oil line kit is like $45 (thats what Jotech quoted me (Jotech = kenny tran))

get a b18b over a b18a....

b18a = more than likely more mileage than a b18b.

high mileage + high compression = bad.

get a b18a and bore it 25 over and slap in some new pistons... ahhh fresh new motor.

exactly, thats what I'm doin, also what should I tell the machine shop to do when I bring them the block, should i bring them the head also.
I know that the oil passage on the head needs to be either tapped or welded up. and i think the dowel pins need to be moved. When I get arp head bolts..should it be for the head or the block.

I didnt know you could bypass the knock sensor, what it is the p28 out of?

that's why you buy a hondata and i give you my fuel map / ignition maps for it that i wasted 4 hours worth of dyno time making :)

Back