B18a Replacing B16a JDM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxboi

Okay this is my delima. I had a B16a JDM engine and Trans in My 1990 CRX HF. I blew that motor and got a B18a from a automatic Integra. I swapped the auto trans for my manual trans from my B16a. I swapped the motor and dropped in the Newly acquired B18a with my B16a Trans mounted to it. I have some confusion of which ECU to use while I wait for my ECU I bought off of ebay which is made for a manual trans B18a (PR4). Now there are a couple extra harnesses from the B18a that doesn't have anyplace to connect to. I also have the transmission sensor hanging off in la la land. My question after all of this explanation is, Which ECU should I use first? And I am in the process of going thru the wiring diagrams for both engines and cars to figure out where goes where. I was hoping someone had done this before and can let me know what wires need to go where and if there are any "clean" ways of running wires or keeping the engine compartment clean of all those wires? Thanks for checking this out and please let me know if there are anything else I should know or look for before chugging down the road. Thanks again!! Aloha

Id prolly cut the wires off the harness in the engine bay, then go to the ecu side and find the wires for the automatic crap, and cut them there. then id get a 5 speed chipped PR4. thats what we did in my friends teg. he never had any problems.

by any chance would you have a wiring diagram of the wires to eliminate or something I could follow so I know I am taking out the right wires? I also need to figure out where the wires go to that are hanging with no home. I need a vacuum diagram also to figure out where those go...so much time, so little knowledge..lol thanks again...aloha

get the wiring and vacuum diagrams off of autozone.com that should show you what you need to wire. If you used an obd 0 ecu for the b16a (pwo or pr3) I am pretty sure wiring will not be hard just need to switch some pins around, and you will have a vtec wire and a knock sensor wire hanging there. The pr3 and pwo ecus will run the b18a, but in limp mode. At least that is what my buddy told me. He had a b16a in his rex but couldn't get it to pass carb here in cali (he is dumb, ha) anyway he put in a b18a, and I gave him my pr4 in exchange for his pw0 and now is good to go.

Thanks guys...I need all the info I can get on this since I am still trying to find out what wires I do have hanging there and which ones I need to connect from the harness to the ECU. I do have a PR4 coming in the mail from ebay(50 bucks w/ shipping..lol) that is for a manual trans. Again, thanks guys!!

Good luck bro, my buddy has a 18a in his rex, and it is hella fast, nearly took me on my cbr, well not really, but was way faster than I expected. look forward to a nice increase in the lowend, even over the b16a. Just don't over rev it and you'll be fine.

okay, this is what we are gonna do. We are gonna take the wiring harness from my B16A and swap it onto the B18A1. We checked out the wiring and stuff and pretty much got all of the wiring connected so hope it works...wish me good luck..lol

Back