1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18a swap into 95 civic dx. need answeres!!!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by labe lincoln, Mar 19, 2009.

1. labe lincoln

labe lincoln New Member

My 95 civic chassy has a hydraulic clutch pedal, but the 93 b18a w/ transmissoin i bought is cable.Should I buy a new trans that is hydro and if so which could i buy. Or could I just convert my clutch pedal to cable, and how easy is that?

Hey everyone. I'm new to hondaswap forum. So please be easy on me. Anyways I have a 95 civic dx. It had a d15b7 which destroyed when a piece of metal found its way into one of the cylinders destroying the head valves and cylinder walls. I recently bought a b18a to swap into my chassy. I have rebuilt it with forged internals cams and valve springs. My problem comes up when Im ready to install the transmission. I didn't do my proper research at first and turned out the transmission I got with the b series is cable. I don't want cable I would use it and that would be great but my clutch pedal is hydraulic on the chassy. I don't know what to do. Can I use a different b series transmission that is hydro. Or is it possible and fairly easy to convert my cluth pedal to cable? I need to know. Im on a very tight time frame. Im good at any mechanical work im just new to these civiv swaps.

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

buy a b-series hydro tranny.. GSR tranny is a good match up to the LS motor

3. labe lincoln

labe lincoln New Member

Thanks a lot! do you know what year gsr trany is hydro. When I look for a tranny not many people list if it is hydo or cable.

4. eg6sir

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. labe lincoln

labe lincoln New Member

now with a b16 tranny which mounts are good or will I need. Are they the same as I would need with any B series tranny. Mounts are really my next big question because I hear so many people say one thing and then something else. Plus any other additional info on parts that you expect i will be needing would be great. I have the block completely built so all that is left is install. and I have got nowhere on that yet with parts. I have 2 months.

6. eg6sir

b16 tranny will mount up the same as a GSR or LS tranny.. just better gearing

7. labe lincoln

labe lincoln New Member

Thanks so much for your answers. Is it true I have to get a new shift linkage for the swap. Is any b series linkage good or is the b16 best. since it came in a civic allready?

8. eg6sir

same shit... get one from an 99-00 SI or 94-01 Integra

9. 92inthe401

92inthe401 New Member

Hey i need to know!....ive got a 92 honda civic hatchback dx(automatic)... I am planing on dropping a k20 in it.... Wat am i gonna have to do to go from auto to manual???

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted