b18a swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fernpatch

Hello all, I have a few questions about swapping a b18a into a 91 civic dx 4 door. I am comfortable with the actual install of the motor but I was wondering what wiring changes are needed besides the mpfi swap? As far as I can tell it should be just like dropping a dohc zc in as far as the wiring is concerned. Also what would the going rate be for the swap? I have an idea as to what I should charge for the work but it would be nice to get some other opinions.

its just the mpfi swap..and are you charging someone else to put the motor in?

Thats what I thought but thank you for the input. And yes, I am wondering what is considerd to be a fair price to charge someone to do the swap.

wait your charging $500 for a swap??
that a little steep but if they take it then go for it..
i think fair would be 2-300

$500 includes pulling the b18 out of a wrecked hatch and installing it into a dx 4 door. I figured pulling both motors out and swapping over all the pieces plus the wiring and istalling the new motor is worth that. I am not a backyard car guy, I have a shop to run and so I have to charge enough to make it worth the effort.

Back