B18a Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxfreak

I have a 91 crx si and i have the b18a1 from a 90 integra the 90-91 integra harness i hear from the local shops should all plug right up to my si harness is this true? also if you know any pages that have the integra wiring diagram please post it.. any other information helps....

dude, i did this swap like a month ago, its all plug in. use the Stock Si harness, and all that to make everythnig easy, use LS ecu, and mounts. Cut shift lintegra inkage to make it fit. also make sure rear mount 1st, or there will be alot of swearing till u realize the rear goes in first. not like that happend to me or anything :-S. if u need help email me at Killa_Bee88@hotmail.com

so you can use the stock integra motor mounts for the swap into the crx?

yea i took all my other crap out and i was figuring u can use the si harness... cool bro thanks for the e-mail too...yea if i can get my dads friends cherry picker i can be done today!!!only 72,000 miles too but yea i have a 91 crx and i live in cali and my motor is 90 but i talked to some smog guy and he said there is like no way to find out the year between 90-91 integra...he said it gives a base model like this motor came from a 90-93 intagra ls/rs ya know so i should be fine...i will prolly e-mail you tho thanks....

I ran into a problem. are u saying the harness that CAME with my b18a should hook up to my crx engine bay harness?because it doesnt...a few plugs are different shapes..or do i take the one off my crx engine and put it on the b18a? thenm hook it to my engine bay?

wooo, dude, use the stock Si harness that came with the CRX, put that onto the LS, and everything should plug in, then sell the LS injectors and harness to someone to make back some money. Also if thats what u did and they dont match up ur engine is probably a 92-93 therefore a obd1. what shapes dont match and where are they?

oooohhh ok yea thats what i was asking if i take the ls harness off and out the crx harness on the engine...ok so i can just take the whole injector electric rail and slap that on the ls motor...cool :worthy: the ecu sucked tho man cause the plugs are on the other side so when i tried to mount it the other way the mount was off so i cut that bastards mounts up till it fit then i beat the metal cover with a hammer and make it fit....but it worked so yea ok i'm gonna get started thanks alot also if you know of a web site that has like the vaccum diagram thatd help too thanks....

ok i have pretty much all the wiring done but i ran into a problem...the freakin alterantor pulley was on the frame which i read before but i thought it said crank pully anyway...i didnt have alot of room under there to beat on it even with the alternator out then the damn mount for the alt. wouldnt come out even with the air tool it F'ED my had up man...so tomorrow im gonna lift the motor some and beat the hell outta the frame for messin with me but then i just have to put the radiator in and a few little things and im done...oh yea im lookin for the plug that goes under the intake manifold and i cant find it on the crx it has 2 and on the integ. 1 so i dont know i'll see i dont have an integ manual so...but i did take pics and it will be on a site sometime....

Haha, ya i had the same problem with my ECU and all i did was jimmy 1 of the holes to line up then tighten it down as much i could with 1 nut. o well, its in and no one can tell. but ya, the plugs.... im trying to think, i believe 1 plug didnt plug in, ( my friend did most of my wiring not me) but i think it was more on the passangers side of the engine. also, give it a good 4-5 hits with a nice 8 lb sledge and ur alt should fit fine. sry i forgot to tell u that, it woulda save some time. but ya just undo the mounts again lift it up, move it back , a few shots then drop it in. also. ive replaced 3 hoses so far on my engine ( upper and lower rad's) and some line to the IM, so u might wanna get new rad hoses right away just to save urself the hassle, further more, i suggest getting a new clutch cable, b/c u wont have to wory about it, and the stock cable doesnt reach unless u micky mouse it, which isnt the good way of going about it. but ya if u have anymore questions hit me up and let me know how ur doing. the 1st day u drive it, take it slow for about 2 hours, do an oil change to get all the crap outa the engine. then take it out for a spin, let 1st gear and 2nd gear spin to about 7000 and then u will love ur b18:)

Dam FUCK!!!

THe rear engine mount goes in first?

FUCK!!

MY Lbracket is on but nothing holding back were the two bolts go FUCK!!!

I thought the Driver side then LBracket and Passanger side.

fuck I am screwed!!!

how are u screwed?just take everything out and redo it?, u can make it work by doing the others 1st, but its just EASIER to install the rear mount 1st.

yea i got the whole harness pluged in EXCEPT one plug in the back of the block...on the integra harness its green and on the crx harness its a white one thats is a different shape...its a map sensor if i looked right in the manual so i dont know i might cut it and put the integra piece on front then it will plug who knows.....but yea im waiting for my bro to get here so i can beat on the frame because i dont have the cherry picker no more so im gonna have to use a jack to get it up some to do it....and then one little ground wire to the starter its on both harnesses but i think im lookin to hard cause i cant find it lol...im soooo close but the reason i need everthing perfect is because i live in cali and im goin to the smog referee to make it smog legal well im gonna go see where the map sensor is on my crx harness...and yea hey bossman dude this is the 3rd time i have to lift my engine so dont sweat it dude....WAIT whats ur Ls crx run in the 1/4 mile? does it scoop like a bastard? im buyin a jdm b16 tranny for mine off my friend for 400...my dads gonna make it hybrid and throw my ls 5th gear in it so i will have like an overdrive to save gas...so how fast will this mf'er be?

I'm putting a B18B1 Head on a B18A1 block, what needs to be done to the ECU or the plugs or wires ??????
also does anybody know which timing belt and head gasket to use :D
Ys1 stands for Good Tranny gears???? and how much HP can it hold???????

1990 gs tranny 5 spd from a non vtec intagra LS any good?????
whats about the head swap any mods need to be done to the wiring harness

Back