b18a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hale97

hey guys im pretty new to the honda scene. i have a 97 integra ls. im wanting to build a ls/vtec turbo to drop into my car. i found a b18a motor i can get for free, so im asking if the b18a motor will drop right into my 97 with a b18b? how much work would it be and is it worth while or should i be looking for anoth b18b1? thx in advance

i have the same plans for my 96 i jsut dropped the engine that was in that into my 91 and have a low mileage b15c1 block to use for the ls vtec, all B series heads and blocks are dimensionally the same its the internal shit and the brackets and external shit that are different.

okay, thanks thats pretty much what i was after.i'll keep looking for a b18b1 block then to keep things simple

If you use the B18b mounts, brackets, transmission, axles, shift linkage and ecu its a direct swap. 94-00 Integra.

the b18a will directly bolt up to my teg?(which has b18b1)??

B18a/b is the same engine, just different intake manifolds, B18b has slightly hotter cams(maybe) and different ecu control. Provided you use the 94-00 intake manifold and injector setup on the B18a then yes its a common sense swap. The B18a doesnt have a provision for the knock sensor on the back but you can rig it up to work in another empty hole on the engine.

Back