1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18a swap

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by hale97, Apr 24, 2009.

1. hale97

hale97 New Member

hey guys im pretty new to the honda scene. i have a 97 integra ls. im wanting to build a ls/vtec turbo to drop into my car. i found a b18a motor i can get for free, so im asking if the b18a motor will drop right into my 97 with a b18b? how much work would it be and is it worth while or should i be looking for anoth b18b1? thx in advance

2. Orochi420

Orochi420 New Member

i have the same plans for my 96 i jsut dropped the engine that was in that into my 91 and have a low mileage b15c1 block to use for the ls vtec, all B series heads and blocks are dimensionally the same its the internal shit and the brackets and external shit that are different.

3. hale97

hale97 New Member

okay, thanks thats pretty much what i was after.i'll keep looking for a b18b1 block then to keep things simple

4. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

If you use the B18b mounts, brackets, transmission, axles, shift linkage and ecu its a direct swap. 94-00 Integra.

5. hale97

hale97 New Member

the b18a will directly bolt up to my teg?(which has b18b1)??

6. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

B18a/b is the same engine, just different intake manifolds, B18b has slightly hotter cams(maybe) and different ecu control. Provided you use the 94-00 intake manifold and injector setup on the B18a then yes its a common sense swap. The B18a doesnt have a provision for the knock sensor on the back but you can rig it up to work in another empty hole on the engine.

7. hale97

hale97 New Member

awesome thanks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted